52 • 五十二

(A/N): Damn, this is a long ass chapter. I hope you enjoy the ending to book 1, and I do hope that the story was good 😊

Thanks for reading

- lubylu112 ♥︎

-The Next Day-

"Yesterday at 10:52am in the countryside on the outskirts of Seoul, armed forces entered the home of alleged murderer and kidnapper Min Yoongi in an attempt to arrest him and rescue Lee Minseo who was kidnapped just over two weeks ago." Minho spoke, his voice echoing throughout the hall as cameras flashed and microphones were shoved in his face.

"During the mission many lives were lost, 7 of those lives belonged to the brave and courageous volunteers who's help was greatly valued. My respects go out to those men and women, and I give my condolences to the families and friends of the recently deceased. I do hope that they receive peace of mind knowing that the volunteers' lives were not taken away in vain. Without them - and every other volunteer - our mission would've been impossible."

"The mission itself was indeed successful. As a team we were able to safely rescue Ms. Lee and return her to her family. Min Yoongi was shot in the head on site, but is currently in a coma due to severe head trauma, and is recovering in a nearby hospital."

The room came alive with uproar once Yoongi's name was mentioned. Reporters yelling Minho's name in order to get his attention and answer their question swamped the room and even took Minho by surprise.

"Why is Min Yoongi in recovery? Surely it would be easier to euthanise him now instead of wasting medical supplies on someone who is on death row?"
"I do not make the laws." Minho replied. "And the law states that this man must recover before he is put on death row."

"Is Lee Minseo going to get what she deserves for what she went through?"
"Well, Ms. Lee requested nothing but peace and an ability to forget about her experience, so the best way for her to get what she truly deserves would be for the media to leave her alone and stop asking her about the traumatic experience."

"Who shot Min Yoongi?" The room suddenly went silent.
"That information is confidential." He replied curtly. "Thank you for your questions, but I'm afraid that I must leave now." And with that Minho left the hall and headed back to the police station, leaving a bunch of confused reporters in his wake.

-Four Weeks Later-

- Lee Minseo's POV -

I was sat on the sofa late in the evening at my parents house, watching the TV with a hot cup of coffee in my hands. I've been living with my parents ever since I came home, and I have been seeing a therapist for the PTSD that I'm apparently suffering from.

Everyone keeps trying to convince me that he brainwashed me into thinking he was a good person, including the therapist, and they keep telling me that everything he said to me was a lie.

Who knows, maybe it was. Does it even matter anymore? It's all over now, and all I want to do is forget about it and continue with my normal life. The thing that makes everything worse is that everyone takes extreme caution when talking to me now, like they don't want to offend me. I mean, yeah I get it, but I'd like it if everyone just treated me like nothing happened.

Like, lots of people visit me regularly, and all my friends make sure that I'm with someone if I want to go out. People like Jungkook, Sehun, and Jimin visit a lot. I appreciate it and all, but it's not what usually happened and just reminds me about what happened.