48 • 四十八

- Lee Minseo's POV -

Ever since I've been living here my sleeping patterns haven't been the best. To say I didn't have nightmares would've been a lie, but I think I'm safe to say that they're nothing compared to the nightmares Yoongi's been getting recently. Sometimes it gets so bad that I've had to run into his room in the middle of the night to calm him down.

Last night was one of those nights. He'd received a phone call around about midnight, and went straight to sleep after it. I didn't hear much of what was said, but Yoongi definitely sounded anxious and scared.

Later on he began calling out in his sleep - which is what happens when he's having a nightmare - but it was slightly different from usual. He normally yells things like 'no, stop, go away', but what he said that night rattled my bones. Was it true? Probably not. It was only a dream, but his words still shocked me.

I ended up staying in his room for the night, sleeping next to him in order to keep him calm. I've done it before, and he claims it 'helps him remember he isn't alone', which made my heart ache.

The police are gonna catch him one day, and despite what he's done is wrong, I can't help but think that this man is innocent. When I look at him, I can't see a murderer; all I see is a lonely man who needs someone by his side.

I felt movement to the side of me, and I turned my head to face Yoongi, who only just began to stir. The sunlight was shining in through the curtains onto the bed, warming my cold feet.

"M-Minseo?" Yoongi stuttered, opening his eyes slowly. "You slept here?" He rubbed his eye gently, still adjusting to the light.
"Yeah," I smiled at him. "I thought you could use a little company after last night." He only nodded in response, leaving a small silence to linger in the air.

"They're gonna catch me sooner or later." Yoongi mumbled, rubbing his face with his hands as he sat up straight. I sat up too, looking over at him. "There's no doubt that I'll be put on death row for what I've been accused of." His comment made me shiver. He was right. He'll be sentenced to death.

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen." He sighed, clearly sounding unsettled. "All I wanted was to live in a nice place with someone that I love. I never meant for it to turn out like this." I began rubbing his back in comfort. I wanted to say that 'everything would be alright' but we both knew that it wasn't, so I kept my mouth shut.

A single tear dropped onto the bedsheets, and I realised that Yoongi was crying. It was the first time I've ever seen him like this - the phone call last night has really changed him completely - so I reached over and held him in my embrace.

"I-I'm not cry-ying because I don't want to d-die..." He mumbled, followed by a short sniffle. "It's just that- that after all this... i-it's not going to s-stop."
"What?" I asked him, whatever he's trying to tell me isn't making sense.

"They'll take y-you away-" He muttered. What is he on about? Does he mean the authorities? As in away from him?
"Sshhh~" I cut his mumbling off with a calm, soothing voice. "Please try to calm down."

I stayed with him like this for a bit, all the while thinking about what he said. First the phone call and now this? What's going on?

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

"Okay, so this plan of yours," Minho sighed, leaning against his desk whilst me and Mingyu stood opposite him, side by side. "Do you really think it's gonna work?"
"Yes." Mingyu replied confidently.
"What about Jimin?" Jisoo asked. "How can we trust him to get the job done? Didn't you suspect him at one point?"