09 • 九

- Lee Minseo's POV -

"The thing is..." Jungkook mumbled. "Kim Jongin, he- he's dead."

Gasps could be heard from everyone. I looked over to Yoongi, and his eyes were wide; he's pretending. I'm pretty sure some of the guys were close to Jongin, since the looks on their faces were distraught. I mean, I'm really upset that he died, and I wish it never happened since he's such a nice person, but I just wasn't that close to him.

"Did you know?" Jungkook asked me, and I nodded at him.
"Sehun told me about an hour after you left this morning." I mumbled, trying not to cry.
"Do you know who did it?" Namjoon asked. I felt my body tense, but I kept looking down.
"No," Jungkook replied. "Me, Mingyu, Minho and a woman called Kim Jisoo are working on the case."

The room went silent.

"Uhh, I'm gonna start making dinner." Jin stood up wearily. "Any requests?"
"Bulgogi." I heard someone mumble, and then someone's stomach rumbled. It brought up the mood a little.
"Hey," Hoseok spoke up. "There's no point dwelling over it, he would've wanted us to carry on living happily."
"And he'll always be with us." Taehyung added. "Even if we can't see him."

After that we changed the subject, and decided that being sad all the time wouldn't do any good. We kept talking and talking, until the time turned 7pm.
"Dinner's ready!" Seokjin yelled. "Everyone round the table!" The eight of us all ate, and then when we were done, me and Jungkook set off to my home.

"Do you have work tomorrow?" Jungkook asked me.
"Yeah," I replied. "But I think Sehun's allowed time off because Jongin was one of his closest friends."
"Yeah," He sighed.
"Do you think you'll catch the culprit?" I asked him.
"Well, the body hasn't come back from the autopsy yet, but when it does I think we'll find out more clues."

"Also," he added. "I think we'll be able to look through his belongings soon, but lots of paperwork needs to be signed by his friends and relatives, and that's treading on rough ground at this stage." I nodded along as he explained.

"Do you think he'll strike again?" I pursued.
"Probably not." He replied. "If the killer had any sense he or she should be long gone by now."
"I see," I mumbled, knowing that the killer was still here. They were texting me; watching me; killing innocent people because of me.

"Here we are." I exclaimed, unlocking the door and walking inside. We hung up our coats and wandered in, getting into our pyjamas and snuggling up on my two-seater sofa, watching TV.

The next day me and Jungkook wake up nice and early to get to work. He walked me to the swimming centre, then he went on his way as I walked inside. Oh my god. I'm on time! It's 7:59am!! I ambled into the changing rooms, spotting a familiar face.
"Hi Lisa!" I waved, and she waved back, so I walked over.

Lalisa Manoban, or just Lisa for short, moved here from Thailand about a year ago. Her Korean is really good for a foreigner, and she has a really nice personality. We sometimes hang out together here too if we're put on similar shifts.

"Hi Minseo!" She smiled. Unlike me, Lisa was already changed and was ready for work. "Late again?"
"Actually," I smiled. "I got here a minute before 8 today!"
"OH MY GOSH!" She exclaimed cheekily. "A WHOLE MINUTE!?" We both started laughing, and then she left me to get changed for work.

"So," Lisa came over to me once I was changed. "Where's Sehun?"
"He got some time off because of what happened." I explained, but she gave me a blank look.
"What happened?" She questioned.
"You... don't know?" I paused, my voice quiet, and she shook her head. So I told her.

"Oh my god..." She mumbled, eyes wide. "Do they know who did it?"
"No, but Jungkook is working on the case with a few others, so I believe they'll catch the killer soon." I told her.
"Ahh, Jisoo works with him." Lisa pointed out. "She's really good at analysing things like bodies and stuff."

Work ended, but when I was about to walk out the doors, I got some texts of Kookie. God damn this phone for having no service in that building.

---------------
[Kookie]: Where r u?
[Kookie]: Something awful has happened.
[Kookie]: I'm waiting outside your work.
---------------

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

I arrived at work, Mingyu and Kim Jisoo following behind me. We walked over to Minho's office, and he invited us in.
"Are you all ready for the conference?" He asked, and we all nodded. "Good. It's talking place at the town hall, so I'll drive us there. Let's go!"

We followed him out the back door, and we all hopped into his car. As he drove out of the driveway, we could see a crowd of people in front of the police station, and a lot of flashing cameras.

We arrived at the town hall, cameras flashing here, there and everywhere as we walked inside. I heard that Jongin's relatives and close friends were also attending the conference, and the fact that it would be broadcasted onto the news LIVE, meant that we couldn't mess up at all.

There were four seats on a small podium, a bit like the layout of a fan meet, and the seats were labelled for Mingyu, Minho, Jisoo and me respectively. We took our seats and I glanced at the audience that had gathered in front of us. At the front were mainly journalists and a few cameramen, and further back were relatives and friends of Jongin.

"Thank you for joining me and my team today," Minho introduced. "But before I begin I would like to sent my most sincere condolences to the friends and relatives of Kim Jongin. His death was unjust, and I assure you that we will not stop until we find and arrest the culprit."

"MR CHOI! MR CHOI!" All the journalists began yelling. "What do you know about the incident!?"
"It occurred on the night of Saturday the 25th of February," Minho answered. "But we haven't had the autopsy results as of yet, so we don't know very much right now."

"Do you have any idea of who the culprit may be!?" Another reporter asked.
"We are unsure about how it happened exactly and by who, since there was no CCTV footage of the murder." Minho answered again.

The questions went on like this for a while: the reporters asked the questions and we'd answer them, even though Minho answered the most.

Minho was in the middle of answering a question, when someone came up to him and whispered something in his ear. His eyes then opened wide with shock, and he immediately stood up.
"I'm extremely sorry for cutting the meeting short, but there's something serious that's just happened." Minho apologised. "We need to go!" He whisper-yelled to the rest of us.

"MR. CHOI!" They tried to call him back. "WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS!?" "WHAT WERE YOU JUST TOLD?!" I, too, was intrigued, but we ended up quietly following him back to the car, keeping our heads down.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1232