18 • 十八

- Lee Minseo's POV -

I walked in through the door, and I was greeted with a warm hug by Kookie. But when he touched me I suddenly remembered the text I received off the stalker.

'Stop being so touchy around him.' 'Constantly touching him, giving him kisses, it needs to stop.'

I tensed up in fear. It needs to stop. How can I stop it? I don't want him to die.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked, interlocking my left hand with his right one.
"It's nothing." I smiled weakly. He then looked down at our hands, noticing the ring on my middle finger. Crap. What do I say about that!?

"That's a nice ring." He pointed out. "Where'd you get it from?" Crap. Uhh..
"A friend got it me." I lied, and I watched as Jungkook nodded slowly.
"Today?"
"Yeah." There was a silence, and I mentally sighed in relief.

"I got you lamb skewers." I smiled at him, lifting up the bag I was carrying in my other hand. I saw him reach out to grab it, but I swiftly moved my arm away. I'm not letting him carry it with his arms.
"No no, I'm carrying it." I smirked, and Jungkook began to chuckle. He leant in and gave me a peck on the forehead and I tensed again. No, I can't. Please.
"Hey, go sit down and I'll bring you your lamb, kay?" I suggested, slowly moving away from him and into the kitchen.

Who the hell is the stalker? Do you think they know me? Could they be a close friend? No, if they knew me, why would they kill people I know? They're more than likely to know them too, in which case they wouldn't want to kill their friends.

The motive must be some kind of twisted love, since the stalker keeps calling me honey and shit, and the fact that the text on Jongin's phone was something about having a crush on 'my girl', which I think was me. It can't be Jungkook, because the stalker shot him from a rooftop, and Jungkook wouldn't kill a fly, never mind people.

"Minseo!" Jungkook yelled from the living room. "You okay!?"
"Yeah, I'm coming now." I replied, talking the skewers out the bag along with the bread. Walking into the living room, I smiled at Jungkook as I handed him the food.
"You're not having any?" He asked, and I shook my head.
"No, I had some with Jimin before." I told him, and he nodded.

Before. He told me to stay where CCTV could see me.... Do you think... No! Of course not! Jimin would never-
"Minseo!" Jungkook snapped me out of my thoughts. "Are you gonna sit?" He tapped his lap, but I sat down next to him instead, remembering what the stalker said. He gave me a questioning look, but I told him I didn't want to hurt him.

"I hope you don't mind," Jungkook began. "But after work Mingyu is coming round to drop off some evidence for the case."
"No that's fine," I smiled. "I'm more annoyed at the fact that you're working when you're supposed to be resting."
"Ugh, I'd only get bored if I was just sat here all day." He smiled at me, and I smiled back.

I want to protect him. No, I will protect him. It's my turn to step up and take one for the team, no matter how hard it'll be, because I love him.

A few hours went by and it was now 5:15pm, and I heard a knock on the door.
"That'll be Mingyu." Jungkook mentioned as I stood up and wandered over to the door, opening it.
"Hi," I smiled sweetly.
"Hi." Mingyu replied. "Is Jungkook in?"
"Yeah," I told him. "Come in."

Mingyu followed me inside, sighing when he saw Jungkook sprawled across my sofa.
"Wow, you are a mess." He smiled.
"Nice to see you too." Jungkook said sarcastically, and me and Mingyu sat in he armchairs opposite he sofa.