23 • 二十三

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

"Has anyone heard from Minseo?" Taehyung asked, and everyone shook their heads. I just concentrated on the game of piano tiles I was playing on my phone. It had been three days since I last called her, and I hadn't heard from her since then. I've been working on the case, but I can't just arrest Jimin since I don't have any evidence that it was actually him, which is the annoying thing about the law. And honestly, I could never imagine my hyung being a killer.

"No, the last time I did was three days ago when all that shit happened." Yoongi replied.
"Do you think she's okay?" Hoseok questioned.
"Maybe we can make her some food." Jin suggested.

"Hey," Namjoon butted in. "But has anyone actually seen her around for the past three days?" He asked, and everyone paused in thought before shaking their heads. Suddenly, the doorbell rang, and Taehyung walked over and answered it.
"Oh! Sehun!" He exclaimed, opening the door and allowing the man to walk inside.

"Hi," He smiled. "I was wondering if you'd seen Minseo."
"No sorry, we haven't." Hoseok replied. "Why?"
"Because she's not answering her phone." He replied, showing a look of anxiousness. My hyungs all looked at each other, then over at me.

"Jungkook."
"What."
"Call her."
"Why can't you?"
"You're the only one with her number."
"But I'm playing a game."
"Call Minseo."
"She won't answer me anywa-" I stopped when I realised that the phone had been taken off my by Yoongi, who then began to scroll through my contacts until he found Minseo's.

The phone rang, and he put it on speaker. The eight of us waited in anticipation, but it went straight to voicemail.
"Try again." Jin ordered, and he did, but we didn't get a reply. We tried again, and again, but she still didn't answer. By this point we were all panicking, and the eight of us decided that going to her flat was the best idea.

We ran out the flat and towards Minseo's house, none of us caring if we were tired. When we got to Minseo's house, we noticed that all the curtains were drawn, when it was 11 in the morning.
"Could she be sleeping?" Hoseok suggested, and I shook my head.
"Even when she goes to bed she only closes her bedroom curtains." I informed them. "She never closes all of them."

We walked up to the door and Namjoon knocked a couple times. We waited patiently, but there was no answer. Not even a sign of movement.
"Has she moved out?" Jimin asked, a little worried.
"You'd think she'd tell us if she did." Sehun replied.

Namjoon knocked again, calling her name this time, when suddenly I got a message on my phone. The rest of the guys turned and looked at me, so I checked my phone sheepishly.
"It's from Minseo!" I exclaimed, and the boys all crowded around me as I read the text aloud.

"Go home." I read aloud. Wait, what?
"Is that it?" Yoongi asked, and I nodded.
"Minseo?" Jin turned back to the door. "We haven't seen you in a while and we were wondering if you were okay." There was no reply, but seconds later I got another text.
"She said she's fine." I told them, reading off my phone. "But she wants us to leave."

"Have you eaten?" Sehun asked. "Are you sure you're okay? Can we not come in?" Another text came through, saying she's not opening the door, and that we were wasting our time if we wanted to come in.
"Guys," I began. "She's not gonna open the door."
"We just need to know that you're okay." Jimin spoke through the door.

Everyone went quiet, and Jimin said he heard something.
"Shh! Listen!" He whispered with his finger on his lips, and we all leant against her door silently.

We could hear faint sobs come from the other side.

"Minseo!" I yelled. "Just let us come in! We're not gonna hurt you! Please trust us and open the door!"
"Hurt..?" Namjoon mumbled, confused as to why I said that. However, I think I know what's caused this. I think she knows about the killer, and it's taking a toll on her.

I then got a text on my phone, but when I read it I felt my heart snap. I never thought she'd say this, especially to me.

"I can't trust anyone anymore..."

The guys all turned to look at me, eyes wide with shock. Everyone then stopped, stepping away from the door.
"Then, should we.. go?" Taehyung asked uneasily.
"If that's what she wants..." Namjoon sighed, turning to look at the good one last time.

"I don't care what you say." Sehun spoke to the door one last time. "I'm going to visit as often as I can to check up on you, and you better reply!" He stopped himself, and sighed.
"Remember to stay healthy." Yoongi added.
"I'll cook you some food if you want." Jin suggested. "But it wouldn't fit through your letter-box..."

"Please stay safe." I added, after the rest of them had said goodbye. "And remember if you want to talk I'll come round whenever you want." I didn't get a reply, and just sighed as I walked back to join my hyungs.

- Lee Minseo's POV -

I heard a knock on my door, but I didn't answer. I couldn't answer. What if it was the stalker? What if they've come to take me away!? I began to cry at the thought, but I told myself that I had to be quiet so they didn't hear me.

"Has she moved out?" I heard Jimin's muffled voice through the door.
"You'd think she'd tell us if she did." Sehun replied. Wait, who's there?

There was another knock, and this time Namjoon called my name. I didn't want them to see me like this: I haven't showered, I've run out of food and I've gone really pale, so I sent them a text. I don't care who's there, I can't open the door. I won't. He'll find me if I do.

Once I'd sent the message I heard the ding come through on Jungkook's phone. Maybe now they'll leave.
"It's from Minseo!" Jungkook exclaimed, and there was a slight pause before Jungkook spoke again.
"Go home." He read aloud.
"Is that it?" I heard Yoongi ask.
"Minseo?" I could now hear Jin's voice. "We haven't seen you in a while and we were wondering if you were okay." I didn't reply, but sent Jungkook another message instead.
"She said she's fine." He told them. "But she wants us to leave."

"Have you eaten?" Sehun asked. No, I haven't. I want to, but I can't. I can't open this door. "Are you sure you're okay? Can we not come in?" I sent another text, saying that I'm not opening the door, and that they're were wasting their time if they wanted to come in.
"Guys," Jungkook began. "She's not gonna open the door."
"We just need to know that you're okay." Jimin spoke through the door.

Everyone then went quiet, and I couldn't take anymore, I accidentally let out a small sob, but covered my mouth as soon as I did.
"Minseo!" Jungkook yelled seconds after. "Just let us come in! We're not gonna hurt you! Please trust us and open the door!" I want to trust them, I want to with all my heart, but I just don't know anymore.

"I can't trust anyone anymore..." Jungkook read the text I sent him, and everyone went silent again.
"Then, should we.. go?" Taehyung asked uneasily, interrupting the silence.
"If that's what she wants..." I heard Namjoon sigh.

"I don't care what you say." Sehun spoke to the door one last time. "I'm going to visit as often as I can to check up on you, and you better reply!" He stopped himself, and I heard a soft sigh come from him.
"Remember to stay healthy." Yoongi added.
"I'll cook you some food if you want." Jin suggested. Please, I'm so hungry. "But it wouldn't fit through your letter-box..."

"Please stay safe." Jungkook added, after the rest of them had said goodbye. "And remember if you want to talk I'll come round whenever you want." I didn't reply, knowing that I couldn't tell him anything, and it was killing me inside.

(A/N): My apologies if this scene feels a little shit; these scenes are really hard to write/written badly because I've never locked myself in the house before.

But you get the gist: She won't go out the house because she's scared the stalker will take her away. Like, if a killer had sent you a text saying he's gonna take you away, would you open the door? Because I sure as hell wouldn't.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1494