17 • 十七

- Lee Minseo's POV -

I shuddered, suddenly remembering that I was being watched. Some crazy stalker was watching my every move. Threatening to kill people I love. Killing people I love. Why are they doing this?

With the thoughts of the stalker clouded in my mind, I made my way over to the empty grocery store, picking up a loaf of bread and some other stuff, before making my way over to the till.
"Excuse me," The cashier mumbled after I'd payed. "Is your name Lee Minseo?"
"Yes, why?" I asked, confused as to why this stranger knew my name.
"This person told me to give you this." He then put a box on the counter, as I anxiously reached out to open it.

It revealed a beautiful ring in the shape of a tiara, with a glittering gem in the middle

It revealed a beautiful ring in the shape of a tiara, with a glittering gem in the middle. I was very tempted to just take it, but then I got suspicious.
"Who gave you this?" I asked, moving my hand away from the box slowly.
"I'm sorry, I c-can't tell you.." He stuttered, looking away.
"Well, I'm sorry, but I can't just take it." I replied, pushing it back over the counter.

He suddenly became panicked, and stared at me wide-eyed.
"No! Please take it! Please!" The man begged. "He said.. he said he'd kill me.." His voice was a mere whisper, and he was almost shaking with fear.

Was this... The stalker..?

"Please just take the goddamn ring." He pleaded, pushing the box over towards me, along with my shopping. I took the ring, placing the box inside my bag and making my way out of the shop swiftly. That was weird...

I suddenly received another text message.

----------------
[Unknown]: So you got the ring?
[Me]: Why did you give me a ring?
[Unknown]: I want you to wear it. All the time.
[Me]: Why?
[Unknown]: Just wear it. You saw how scared that shopkeeper was, right?
[Unknown]: So unless you wanna turn out like that, wear the ring.
----------------

I gulped hard, remembering the look on the man's pale face when I said I wouldn't take the ring. His face; he looked like he'd genuinely come face to face with death himself. The stalker must be terrifying.

Reaching into my bag, I pulled the ring out the box and slipped it onto my left middle finger. It did look really nice, but what would Jungkook think if he knew? I mean, am I still doing it for his sake? Or am I just being scared?

I just don't know what to do. It may not look like it, but having someone you don't know continuously watch you every single day of the week is fucking terrifying. I don't even know what they can see and when. You're just living your day and all of a sudden you remember that a creepy person is watching you do everything. It's unsettling to say the least.

"Hey! Minseo!" I heard someone call my name, and looked over to see Jimin walking down the street.
"Oh- hey Jimin." I smiled weakly.
"What's up?" He asked. "You don't seem like yourself."
"Ahh, it's nothing." I replied, looking away. Why is he suddenly acting like we're best friends after what he pulled ages ago?

"Nice ring." He pointed out.
"Thanks." I replied. "I got it just now."
"Say something suspicious." Jimin mumbled under his breath, glancing at his phone, then back at me. I don't think I was supposed to hear that?

"Wanna grab some lunch?" He asked.
"Umm... okayy." I dragged out the sentence. "But can we buy lamb skewers? I promised Kookie I'd bring some back for him."
"Sure." Jimin replied. "Let's go!" I felt his hand brush against mine, as if he were about to hold my hand but decided against it. Is it just me or is he acting really fucking strange today?

We each bought a lamb skewer (and I wrapped some up for Kookie) and we strolled through the park.
"How are you and Jungkook by the way?" Jimin asked me. "You doing alright?"
"We're getting along." I told him. "He's healing pretty quick."
"I heard you were really close with Yugyeom." He brought up. "Jungkook was devastated for a long time."
"He still is," I replied. "And I am too."

We arrived at my house, but before I was about to walk to the door, he stopped me.
"Remember to stay safe," Jimin told me. "Where the CCTV cameras can see you." He pointed up to a camera up on a lamp post.
"Okay." I told him.
"And Minseo." He added. I turned to face him, and he suddenly planted a quick peck on my cheek.

"Remember that I still love you." He whispered, and then began to walk away as I stood there with wide eyes. What the fuck was that? Does he think he can pull this shit when I'm not single.

Wait. Crap. No! He shouldn't have done that. The stalker!

What if he gets caught!? Hell, who am I kidding!? Of course the stalker was watching! Jimin's gonna die. Fuck fuck fuck fu-
"Jimin!" I yelled out, and he turned around. "Stay safe! Don't go out after dark!"

He just waved me off. What have I done?

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

I stood at the window, watching Minseo walk over to the house with Jimin. She said she was going grocery shopping, but she's been a long time. It only takes three minutes to walk to the store.

She was about to walk over, when Jimin stopped her. He told her something which I couldn't hear, then pointed up at the sky. I stealthily opened the window, so I could listen to their conversation.
"And Minseo," Jimin began, turning her to face him, when he went and kissed her on the cheek.

Wait. He did what.

Minseo stood frozen, as he whispered something in her ear, and then left. Minseo looked shocked - like she wasn't expecting it - but Jimin had a completely different look in his eyes when he saw her. Does he.. love.. Minseo?

"Jimin!" Minseo called out. At this point I decided to walk away so I didn't look suspicious when she walked in. I'm probably overthinking things; she wouldn't do that. Minseo's not like that.

She walked in the door, and I greeted her with a warm hug. At first she seemed tense, but relaxed after a while.
"What's wrong?" I asked her, interlocking my right hand with her left one. But I felt something cold in my finger. Looking down at our hands, I noticed that she has a new ring.

"It's nothing." She smiled weakly.
"That's a nice ring." I pointed out. "Where'd you get it from?"
"A friend got it me." Minseo replied, and I nodded slowly.
"Today?"
"Yeah."

So Jimin got it her? That's the only friend she's seen all day.

"I got you lamb skewers." She smiled at me, lifting up the bag she was carrying in her other hand, but she moved away as I went to grab it.
"No no, I'm carrying it." She teased, and I chuckled at her pettiness. I leant in and gave her a peck on the forehead, but she seemed to tense up again.

Something's definitely wrong. She's never been like this before.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1228