06 • 六

- Lee Minseo's POV -

A couple hours passed, and just as I was sitting down to watch the Legend of the Blue Sea in my pyjamas, the doorbell rang. Sighing heavily, I stood up and answered the door.
"Hey Kookie," I smiled, allowing him to walk in.
"Hey," He smiled back. He looked stressed.

"You okay?" I asked.
"It's just work," he frowned, hanging up his coat.
"Go get changed," I told him. "I'll make you a drink and we can sit down and talk, okay?"

"Okay," he smiled at me, giving me a quick peck on the cheek before walking of to my room to get his clothes. Yes, he has clothes at my house. Sometimes I wear his t-shirts but shhhhh he doesn't need to know.

He came out my room wearing a large t-shirt and his underwear, and he sat on the couch as I handed him his coffee. I sat down beside him, noticing the bags around his eyes.

"What's happened at work?" I asked him.
"I was on patrol with Mingyu," he began. "And everything looked fine. No one shady was around, everything was fine."
"Go on," I urged.
"But then we get back to the station and find out someone hacked into the security cameras that afternoon, and apparently it's our fault!" He growled, and I patted his back soothingly.

"Which security cameras?" I asked him.
"The ones around the carnival." He replied. "Apparently because we were on patrol there we should've known."
"Don't listen to them," I reassured him. "They're just looking for someone to blame, that's all." A gave him a hug, and he hugged back. "You're not at fault."

This guy doesn't need anymore stress; I'll tell him about the texts when he's cleared his mind.

We had an early night, spooning with each other in my double bed. He had his arms wrapped around my waist, and within minutes I heard the gentle snores of the grizzly bear behind me. The soothing, rhythmic sound of his breathing was enough to make me drift off to sleep.

The next day I woke up to the sound of Jungkook's ringtone. I turned to face his sleeping form and gently woke him up.
"Kookie," I mumbled. "You're phone's ringing." He groaned, reached over to the bedside table and grabbed his phone, answering the call.

"Hello?" Kookie said sleepily. I could just about hear the other person.
"Jungkook, get to the station." The guy sounded panicked.
"Why?" He asked. "It's my day off."
"It's a one eighty-seven." He replied. What does that mean?

Jungkook suddenly leaped out of bed, shoved on some nearly clothes and grabbed his wallet, ending the call.
"I've gotta go," Jungkook told me. "I'm so sorry, it's really important stuff at work. I promise I'll make it up to you, I'll-"

"Jungkook." I cut him off, smiling at how cute he can be. "Don't apologise if it's work. I'll see you later." I smiled, and he returned one.
"STAY SAFE! LOCK THE DOOR!" He yelled, before dashing off out the house. Why is he so worried? As soon as he left I locked the door and grabbed my laptop from the living room, typing in 'Police code 187' but the results shocked me.

"187 (slang) Section 187 (often referenced in slang simply as 187) of the California Penal Code defines the crime of murder."

Murder? Someone was killed...?

This town wasn't very big; just on the outskirts of Seoul, and that means if someone in this town was killed... The killer is nearby.

I swiftly closed the curtains, not giving a shit if the electricity bill was huge. There's a killer, and Jungkook's out there.

But he'll be fine, he's a trained cop. He has a gun for self defence, he wears a bulletproof jacket, he'll be fine.

Does Sehun know!? What about everyone else!? Jimin? Hoseok? Jongin? What if they're walking around outside and the killer finds them too!? I grabbed my phone, but read the text I received while I was panicking.

--------------
[Unknown]: So, thinking about snitching on me?
[Unknown]: Don't tell anyone about a killer, or I'll kill someone else
--------------

Wait. SOMEONE ELSE!??

--------------
[Me]: Please stop messaging me, I think you have the wrong number?
[Unknown]: No Minseo, I have the right number.
[Me]: How do you know my name?
[Unknown]: Like I said, don't snitch, or I'll kill someone else.
[Unknown]: Got that?
[Unknown]: And don't bother telling Jungkook about these texts either.
[Unknown]: Or I'll kill him too.

[ Chat deleted by - Unknown ]

----------------

Or I'll kill him too.

I dropped my phone on the floor, eyes widening with fear. Who is this? Why are they doing this? I felt my hands tremble as I froze to the spot. This person is a stalker, aren't they? That's why they're always talking about what I'm doing.

The stalker is the killer. The killer is stalking me. Is he after me next?

I paced around the room, grabbing my hair and pulling on it. What do I do? I can't stand being here by myself; what if the stalker breaks in? What if they're outside? What if they're after Kookie? How can they even see me if they're not around!?

Then something clicked.

"I was on patrol with Mingyu," Jungkook began. "And everything looked fine. No one shady was around, everything was fine."
"Go on," I urged.
"But then we get back to the station and find out someone hacked into the security cameras that afternoon, and apparently it's our fault!" He growled, and I patted his back soothingly.

"Which security cameras?" I asked him.
"The ones around the carnival." He replied. "Apparently because we were on patrol there we should've known."

'Someone hacked into the security cameras that afternoon' 'the ones around the carnival'

I was at the carnival that day, in the afternoon.

I ran for my phone. Picking it up, I called the first person in my recents - Jimin. The phone rang and rang, until he picked up.
"Jimin!?" I practically yelled.
"It's Yoongi." He informed me. "Jimin's at work and left his phone at home."

"Can you come over?" I asked him. "Its urgent."
"Uhh, sure." He replied. "But why-"
"Thanks. See you soon. Stay safe!" And with that I ended the call. I could talk to Yoongi about it right? If I turn all electrical devices off and close all the curtains no one will hear, right?

I decided to call Sehun too, to see if he was safe. I dialled his number. No reply. And again. Still no reply. My heart started beating rapidly. Why isn't he picking up? Is he safe? He picked up the third time and I sighed in relief.
"H-He-Hello?" He answered quietly.
"Oh thank god you're safe you weren't picking up and I got really worried and-" I stopped myself. "Are you okay?"

I heard sniffles on the other end of the line, and then Sehun started speaking again.
"It's J-Jongin H-hyung." He cried.
"What about him?" I urged him on.

"He's dead."

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1192