Chapter 2

- Miss Lovato's POV -

it had been a long first day and after the little 'incident' with Lillian in first period, I had two more classes with her.

at the end of the day, the classroom was empty. I used my key to open my desk drawer and pull out my purse, I pulled out my phone and turned it on.

once it powered up, I saw that I had two missed calls and a text message. I checked the text message from my sister and it read:

Mac is acting up again, call me when you get this.

I growled, frustrated and ran my fingers through my hair. when is she going to catch on? I thought to myself.

I rolled my eyes and looked to see who called me.

one of the calls were from my sister, Dallas, and the other from my ex boyfriend, Wilmer.

when I say 'ex boyfriend' I don't mean like my enemy, we are actually still great friends. he doesn't live close by, in fact, he lives hours away but we still talk for Mackenzie's sake.

I called Dallas back and she answered quickly. "Hey." I said plainly.

"Hey." she said back.

"What is she doing now?" I asked her, routinely.

"Throwing a tantrum because you aren't home yet and its past three o'clock." Dallas said, frustrated.

I sighed. "I'll be home. tell her I said quit it, now."

"Alright." Dallas said before hanging up.

I called Wilmer back also, too lazy to get up form my swivel chair to leave.

"Hello?" he said, his Hispanic accent very intelligible.

"Hey, you called?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I wanted to remind you that I sent the check." he said.

I sighed loudly. "I told you, Wilmer, keep your money. I am doing fine. I really don't want to be a burden." I said, feeling remorse. I didn't say it in a rude way, of course. I felt bad that he felt the need to send us money.

"You and Mac are NOT a burden! I want to help, Demi. let me. every month you refuse my checks; let me help you this one time since Mac's birthday is coming up." he argued back, politely.

"Wilmer.."

"Demi... please. I have enough money to help out and you know I wont be able to attend Mac's birthday this year so just let me help you."

"I don't know, Wilmer." is all I said.

"It's in the mail, I sent it out this morning. it should be there by Wednesday." he said.

"Alright, i'll except it just this once." I said.

he let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you." he said, the smile in his voice evident.

"Alright, well, I have to get home to my baby girl now." I said.

"Alright, talk to you later." he said.

I hung up and tossed my phone into my purse before grabbing my purse and leaving, locking my classroom door behind me.

I walked out to the parking lot and there was only one car other than mine, must be Principal Marks'.

I got into my car and drove the ten minute drive home.

I got out my car and went into the house where I heard Mac screaming and yelling.

"Mackenzie Lovato!" I yelled sternly, placing one hand on my hip and the other on the table.

she shut her trap quick as I began to speak to Dallas.

"I am so sorry about this, it wont happen again, will it, Mackenzie?" I said, giving Mackenzie a very mean look.

she shook her head no frantically but didn't say a word.

Dallas hugged me and then she left.

I walked back over to Mackenzie and scooped her up and threw her over my shoulder.

I took her upstairs and put her on her bed.

"What is your problem today?" I asked her.

she shrugged.

I took a deep breath, trying not to get worked up and shout.

"Mackenzie, how many times do I have to tell you that you have to do everything you are told to do?" I asked her.

she looked down at her hands and didn't reply. this made me more upset.

"Mackenzie!" I shouted. her face shot up towards mine because I scared her. a tear escaped her eye but she wiped it away.

"I'm sorry, Momma." she said.

"Sorry doesn't always cut it, Mac." I said, loosening up a bit.

"I know." she mumbled.

"Go sit in the timeout chair downstairs while I get changed and then i'll make dinner. do not leave the chair until I say so... do you understand?"

she nodded.

"Good because if you leave that chair Mackenzie, I will spank you."

she nodded and stood to go to the chair.

I've only spanked Mackenzie once and she caught on to the concept pretty quick.

I changed into some more comfortable clothing and went downstairs to start cooking. as I cooked, I thought about Lillian.

I wanted so badly to know what happened to her eye.

I wish she would call me. I wish I would've gotten her number. I sighed in frustration as I prepared the food and made two plates of spaghetti.

I sat them on the table and called for Mac to come sit with me. she did and we said grace and ate.

right then, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, Miss Lovato?"

To Be Continued...

************************************************************************************************************

SOOOOOO I WILL UPDATE WHEN THIS STORY GETS TO 25 READS AND 2 COMMENTS!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!! NO SPAM!!! I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SHOULD HAPPEN!!!!

~Alisa @CryingForDemi (on twitter) (follow me)