Chapter 13

- Lillian's POV -

they way she stood there with so much anger and sympathy in her eyes, made me realize that she cared.

I felt like I was in so much trouble but not like she was going to beat me like my dad would but like I knew I was wrong.

I felt so ashamed in myself.

she turned to look at me but didn't say anything.

she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Mackenzie, go upstairs." she managed out between gritted teeth.

Mackenzie ran upstairs so fast! I didn't even know she could move like that.

Dallas stood there, she was uncomfortable, of course, but she stayed there, closer to Demi than me.

"Dallas you don't have to stand here if you're uncomfortable." Demi said.

"Oh no. I think I do because I am very aware of your feelings right now. I don't know how to handle them but I know how you would like to handle them. so I'm not going anywhere." Dallas said.

Demi just nodded.

once she was calm, she began to speak to me.

"Lillian, I'm trying to help you. you told me that you would let me help you so that's what I'm going to do. this stuff, isn't going to help you." she said, carefully picking up the razor blades.

"Let's go." she said to me as she grabbed her keys and slipped on some shoes.

"Huh?" I asked her.

"Let's go." she said slower.

I slipped my shoes on and followed her out the door. she had the razor blades, ecstasy, weed, fake IDs, and laxatives in her hands.

I stared out the window as we drove to..... a bridge?

she stopped along the side and got out.

I got out along with her and shivered because it was chilly.

the cold didn't seem to phase her at all.

in fact, she looked warm.

she was sweating.

we both stood at the side of the bridge, leaning forward against the high railing.

her hair was blowing wildly against the wind but mine was in a ponytail.

she looked down and then looked at me.

I was so confused.

she took a breath and grabbed my hand.

she placed just the ecstasy in my hand.

I furrowed my brows at her.

"Chuck 'em" she said.

"What?" I asked her.

"It doesn't help if I get rid of them. you have to do it yourself. so, chuck them." she repeated herself.

I looked at the crushed pills in my hands and then at the water under the bridge.

I swallowed hard.

I was beginning to get scared and my eyes were watering.

"You can do it. this is one of the hardest parts. it gets a little easier after this. I promise." she said.

"How do you know?" I asked, fear taking over my body.

"Because I've been here before, at this very same bridge with my mom, standing in this very same spot, with these very same objects in my hands, with the very same look that's in your eyes right now." she said.