Chapter 16

- Lillian's POV -

"So i never did catch your name." i said as i gathered my books. 

the boy tunred to me and smiled. "Jake. Jake Martinez." he said before leaving the classroom. 

i walked out of the classroom with Josie close behind me. 

"So, your next class is... Ms. Keller. good luck!" i said as i directed her to the classroom at the end of the hall. 

she gave me a painful look and i laughed as i made my way to Mrs. King-Carters classroom. 

i walked in and sat in the usual far back seat that i always sat, ready to zone out. 

as soon as Mrs. King-Carter began, i fell asleep. 

i abruptly woke up to the sound of a loud bell and the shuffling of chairs and desks as everyone made their way out of the classroom. 

i grabbed my stuff and met Josie outside of Ms. Keller's classroom and walked her to her fourth period class. Mr. Mallory. 

i went to Demi's class and slumped into my seat, throwing my head down. 

i was tired already. 

i lifted my head when i heard someone's nails tap on my desk. 

i looked up to see Demi standing before me. 

i gave her a weak smile and she gave me a 'please pay attention' smile.

i nodded and she wlaked away. 

i huffed out a breath as she began talking about stuff that i didnt care about. 

after a few minutes, i took out my journal and started to doodle on my paper. 

the book slipped from under my pencil and i rolled my eyes, not even having to look up to know that its Demi. 

i pretended that i was listening until the bell rang and i tried to leave the classroom. 

"Lillian." i heard Demi call from behind me right before i made it to the door. 

i rolled my eyes and spun around. 

"What did i talk about today?" she asked me, laying a book, my book, down on her desk before leaning on it. 

i gave a guilty look and she sighed, placing her hand on her hip. 

"Demi, i have to go walk Josie to the cafeteria." i said. 

"Who's Josie? your imaginary attempt at getting out of this?" 

"What? no! she's the new girl! and getting outof what? trouble?" i snapped back defensively. 

"Who's homeroom?" 

"Yours. she started today but came in second period. check your roster." 

Demi turned towards her computer to look it up and it frustrated me that she didnt believe me. 

she looked back at me and nodded.

i left angrily and rushed over to Josie's fourth perios classroom where she was waiting. 

"I am so sorry, i got caught up in something. c'mon." i said and she followed me to the cafeteria. 

i was supposed to go back to Demi's classroom because i'm her TA but i decided not to. 

i mean, i wasnt allowed to skip it but i was anyways. 

i sat at  my usual empty table and Josie sat with her sister on the other side.