Chapter 4

- Demi's POV -

Lillian, stayed in my class all throughout the day, not speaking to any of the students.

she sat at my desk as I taught and she graded papers for me.

she only spoke to me when she had a question.

at the end of the day, we joked around in the music room which happened to be right next to my classroom.

I play the guitar and the piano and she plays guitar, piano, base, electric guitar, flute, and saxophone. I was so shocked because not only could she play all the instruments, she was also extremely good at it.

I sat there as she went from one instrument to another and played them.

"So, do you have any other really cool talents?" I asked her.

she nodded. "Well, I write... stuff. and um, I draw and sing. I'm also really good at gymnastics, like flips and flexible stuff like that." she answered.

"You write like songs or poems .. or?" I said.

"All of the above, actually." she said, pulling a little journal from her backpack.

she opened it up, occasionally smiling at some of her works as she flipped through the pages.

I could tell it made her happy. "You seem very content with you work." I said.

"Yeah, it's the only thing that makes me feel successful." she said.

"Are you going to play something or sing something for me?" I asked her.

"Um, well, I guess." she said, she was getting shy.

she sat her book on top of the piano and cleared her throat. "This is my favorite thing to play." she said before beginning to play the piano.

she was really good and then she began to sing

I've missed out on life

it's all your fault

good, bad or not

you're my insult

you say that you love me

what do you call love

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you

all of the above

her voice began to crack as I saw a tear run down her cheek.

you would think she would stop but she kept playing and kept going, fixing her voice.

I cant believe I ever loved you

I let you in my heart

you made me believe you loved me

right before you tore me apart

it's not fair to me

it's not fair at all

you taught me to stand up

just so you could make me fall

"that's all I have for that one." she said.

"That was amazing. I am so shocked that you would ever even open up to anyone like that. I felt all the pain through the song." I said.

"Yeah, well, I would never open up unless it were through a song." she said to me, honestly.