Epilogue

- Demi's POV -

i looked over at the clock during one of the many sleepless nights that I had encountered since Lillian's death.

its been eight days and her funeral is only in a couple of hours.

the house has been so quiet since that day, Mackenzie hasn't said a single word, not has she shown any emotion.

we, Wilmer and I, have been trying to get her to tell us how she is feeling but she wont talk.

we are really worried about her and scared that she will eventually break if she doesn't talk about it.

every time i walk past her room, i never hear her cry. I'm almost positive that she hasn't even cried. she doesn't show any emotion.

Wilmer has been trying to press me to let her go back to school bit i refuse to let her.

i haven't been to work and i think I might just quit.

Wilmer and I don't argue anymore, but we're not affectionate either.

I kind of gave up.

I sleep on my half of the bed and he sleeps on his half.

no hugging, cuddling, or touching.

we haven't even kissed in a while.

everyone just mopes around silently as if we were dead too.

as I lay there, Mackenzie kept creeping into my mind.

if she doesn't let her feelings out, when they come out, it'll be bad.

I finally got up and decided that I would check on her.

I stood up slowly, not trying to wake Wilmer up.

I tip toed to Mackenzie's room and peeked my head in.

she sat on her bed, drawing a picture with her glasses on and the lamp beside her bed providing light.

she didn't even look up when I entered the room.

I slowly walked over to her bed and sat on the edge beside her.

"honey, are you okay?" i whispered and rubbed her head.

of course, she didn't answer, she just kept drawing.

I sighed. "Mackenzie, if you don't talk about it, it'll just build up and spill over. please, talk to us." i whispered.

it was as if I was talking to a wall.

I stood up off her bed and made my way over to her bathroom.

the same one Lillian died in.

shivers went down my spine as I went in and grabbed some of Mackenzie's medication.

I put some water in her cup and took them over to her. "here, take this. it'll help you sleep." I said, handing the pill to her and the cup of water.

she nodded and took the pill.

I smiled. "good girl. now put your drawing stuff away and get in bed." I said softly.

she put her stuff away and got under her covers, turning the lamp off.

"I love you." I whispered. again, she didn't say anything.

i was in so much pain over this whole thing and her not speaking a single word isn't helping.

i went to go back to my room but stopped at Lillian's door.

I put my hand on her door knob for the first time since she's been gone.