Chapter 5

- Miss Lovato's POV -

"Well, when I walked in, my dad started to yell at me. the end." she said quickly.

"I don't believe you." I told her.

she sighed. "I don't want to tell you."

"Don't want to tell me what?"

"I can't tell you."

"Lillian, please. I really want to help you. you are so special to me and I don't want anyone hurting you no matter what." I said, trying to hint at the fact that I thought it was her father hurting her. I mean, I wasn't for sure but it wasn't that hard to guess.

"But you can't do anything about it." she said.

"Yes I can. I promise if you just tell me, I can help."

"No, you can't. you'll try and then i'll be stuck."

I stood off the bed and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me softly as not to wake Mackenzie. I dressed in sweats and a t-shirt.

"I'm coming to get you." I said, walking to my bedroom to change my clothes.

"What? no. don't do that."

"I'm not going to kidnap you. I'm going to call your father and make up some lie about why you need to stay the night with me or something."

"No. please don't." she begged me. I didn't understand her at all.

"Why not?"

"Well, because. I just don't see that ending well."

"At least let me try, if he says no then i'll let it go."

"Tell me the lie first."

"Okay. 'hello Mr. Mathews, I was wondering if Lillian could come over. she has a HUGE beginning of the year project and I really want to make sure she gets a good grade. you don't mind if she stays the night do you?'"

she sighed. "Okay."

"Alright, well i'll call you back and tell you what he said. um, i'll get his number off my computer."

"Wait, you have his number on your computer?"

"Well, yeah. I can sign into my school account from my laptop."

"Oh okay." she hung up.

I sat at the table with my laptop in front of me and signed in. I dialed the number and he answered, his voice slurred a bit.

I repeated the exact same line to him that I said to Lillian.

"I don't care." he said before hanging up. I threw my shoes on and jogged back up the stairs to Mackenzie's room.

I threw my jacket on her and she was practically drowning in it. she woke up a little but went back to sleep. I carried her out to my car and strapped her into the car seat before hopping into the drivers seat and starting the car.

I called Lillian and she answered. "I'm on my way. get ready and pack a book bag." I said. she squealed and then hung up.

I laughed to myself and then drove to her house. it took me less then three minutes. I texted Lillian and told her i was out front. she texted me back 'okay' and so i waited.

after about two or three minutes, she came jogging out the front door and got into the passenger seat.

she didn't speak but she smiled at me. i smiled back and we went to my house.

"I didn't realized you lived so close." she said to me.

i chuckled and nodded before getting out of the car. she started up the walkway but turned around confused when saw that i wasn't following her.

Unloved But UnforgottenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara