Chapter 8

- Demi's POV -

"So, we are going to remove her from the home, immediately. last year, we raised money for any needy children so we are using that money from fundraisers to get you all new clothes until we can have your father locked up. we cant do anything, however, until we have more proof. i know, you just sat here and went through hell to explain all that to me but I'm going to need to see any scars, bruises, marks, welts, anything you have to show me. i will have to take pictures to show at court. you will have to testify against him. also, that black eye you have will also help a lot. I'm going to need a picture of it." Ms. Greene said.

i looked over at Lillian. i knew she wanted help but i could also tell that she wasn't going to let her take pictures and stuff.

"I-I can't." Lillian said.

Ms. Greene sighed. "How bad do you want all this to end?" she asked.

i know she is just trying to help but this question pissed me off. like, how bad does she want to get punched right now?

"A lot." Lillian said, her voice straining to hold back tears.

"Then you have to. it's the only way." Ms. Greene said.

Lillian sat in silence, contemplating for at least 5 minutes.

she took the deepest breath I've ever seen anyone take in. she let it go and nodded.

i smiled to myself. we all stood and followed Ms. Greene out the room and down a hall to a plain room that simply had a desk that had a camera laying upon it.

we went in and waited for instructions.

"Okay Lillian. you have a choice here. you can either have both of us in here while you undress or just me or just Miss Lovato here. its your choice but in the end, i will be the one taking pictures so really the question is, is it alright for Miss Lovato to be in here during this process?" Ms. Greene said.

- Lillian's POV -

here i faced the hardest question of my life.

i wanted Demi's support. i needed it. but i couldn't stand the thought of her seeing me, my bruises, my flaws, my fat.

i must've dozed off because i suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. it was Demi.

she rubbed my back and this relaxed me, helping me to think more clearly.

"I-I want Demi in here. to help me undress too, because it hurts." i said, truthfully. hoping that i didn't make her uncomfortable. when i looked up at her, she had no type of look on her face.

which meant that she wasn't uncomfortable at all.

"Well, i'll go get the film while you help her get undressed." Ms. Greene said to Demi.

Demi nodded as Ms. Greene left.

"Okay, lets get started." Demi said.

i nodded and lifted my arms.

she, very carefully, gripped the bottom of my shirt, slowly lifting it.

she pulled it over my head with me only wincing in pain twice.

she apologized to me but i nodded at her.

i had my pants and bra on still, but i felt so naked. she could see my fat hanging from my stomach. ew.

im so ugly. all these stupid scars from self harm and abuse.

i almost began to cry. she then unbuttoned the pants, unzipping them too.