Chapter 9

- Demi's POV -

we finally finished everything up and we went out to the car.

"Demi, I'm driving." Dallas said to me.

i gave her a look. "Uh, no you're not." i said, trying to open the door to my drivers side but i forgot she had the key.

"Yes, i am." she said.

"No, you are not driving my car. hand me the keys." i warned her with my eyes.

"No, absolutely not. you are way to tired to drive right now."

"Dallas! stop trying to control my life! give me the damn keys!" i yelled.

"No, Demetria! I'm not giving you the keys. so either get in the passenger seat or stand here and argue with me until you're late for work."

"I hate when you do this!"

"I don't care! get in the car!"

"No, I'm driving my own car!"

"No, you're not! and you don't have a choice! now, get in the car! now!"

"Stop it! stop trying to tell me what to do! you have always done this! i am grown now, Dallas, you cant control me and you cant tell Momma to tell me what to do! give me my fucking keys so i can drive!"

she stood there, glaring at me.

i balled my fists up into my hair, wanting to scream in frustration.

"Why are you being so difficult?" Dallas finally asked me.

this made me pissed. i finally broke into anger. "ME!? i am NOT the one being difficult here! so do NOT go there with me! hand me the mother fucking keys so we can leave!" i yelled as loud as i could without screaming.

i hadn't realized it but i was really close to her face and i was pointing my finger at her.

"Okay, first of all, if you don't get your finger out of my face, I'm going to break it. and second of all, if you yell at me one more time, I'm going to punch you. and lastly, if you don't get in the car right now, i am going to loose my mind. you do NOT want me to loose it in the parking lot of a police station. you know me all too well." Dallas said with calm anger.

her voice was shaking with anger, she was trying to control herself. but she was right.

Dallas was always more athletic and could always beat me in a fight.

and no one wins a fight against an athletic girl with anger issues. no one.

i calmed myself down, taking a step back. i took a calm breath, knowing i wouldn't win this fight, no matter how angry it made me to know that i let her control me, again.

i sighed and walked around the car, getting into the passenger seat.

i looked out the window at Lillian who was utterly shocked.

she was so shocked that she was frozen.

she looked like she was about to say something but Dallas beat her to it.

"Don't say a word." Dallas gritted to her. she snapped her mouth shut and got into the car.

we rode to my house in silence. when we got there, my friend, Marissa, was watching Mackenzie.

she left when she realized that i wasn't in the mood for conversation.

Dallas took Mackenzie's car seat out of my car and put it in hers.

Lillian gave me a hug before she left, taking her back pack with her.

they left and i got ready for work.