Chapter 18

- Lillian's POV -

Wilmer decided that he would cook us a spanish dinner while Demi and i set up my laptop to the singing booth so that i could record my music onto the laptop and save it. 

this is going to be so awesome!

i was smiling the whole time and my cheeks were starting to hurt. 

after a while, Demi and i finished and decided to start writing a song.

she didnt play as many instruments as me but she was very good at the two she does play.

especially the piano.

after a while Demi's hands got tired so she stopped playing but I continued to practice what we came up with so far.

"I'm gonna go change into some sweats." Demi said. I nodded as she left the room.

I continued to play guitar by myself, humming a random tune.

Demi came back in the room and started to play the piano again.

we came up with more notes and I kept the written in my new music book.

"Lilly?" she said, stopping all of a suddenly.

"Hmm?" I said, my eyes never leaving my fingers on the guitar.

I stopped playing too and finally looked up at her.

she looked sort of unhappy about something.

"Can I ask you something important?" she said to me.

I nodded.

"Do you really enjoy staying here with me?"

I was shocked that she asked me this. "Of course I enjoy staying with you." I answered.

"But, like, is it only because of the stuff I by you?"

I sighed and lifted the guitar, slipping my head from out of the strap and putting it down. I sat beside her on the piano seat.

"I enjoy staying with you because .. well... I love you. I've never had someone care about me so much to deal with me, never mind adopt me, let me stay with them, feed me, clothe me, AND buy me expensive stuff. but, why would you ask me that?"

"Well, it's just that you were acting like an ass in school today and I was just wondering if it was because you don't really like me."

"well, I am an ass so whatever."

she laughed and looked down at the piano keys.

I did something that I never would've done to anyone... ever.

I threw my arm around her neck and rested my head on her shoulder. "I've only been staying with you for like two days now and you have me eating, sleeping, talking, ... you have me doing shit I never thought I'd do again, saying shit I never thought I'd say again. I mean, I don't think you know how hard it is to have to tell a teddy bear 'I love you' and name it Mom just so you would be able to say the words. and then when you get mad, its the first thing you want to destroy. and then you feel like shit and have to say 'sorry Mom' when you really feel like your real mom should be the one saying sorry." I began softly but my words started to get harsh.

I didn't even realize that I was crying until Demi wiped away my tears.

I gave a dry laugh. the kind of laugh you do when your angry but you're trying to stay sane at the same time.

I removed my arm from her and stood, leaving the room without another word.

I closed the door behind me and walked right through the living room and out the front door.