Chapter 7

- Ashlyn's POV -

I was so sleepy that I hadn't realized that we were not going to my house until we pulled up at a...... police station?

a police station!

"What the fuck is going on!?" I yelled.

"Lillian, please calm down. we're going to get you help." Miss Lovato said.

"No! I don't need your help!" I yelled, trying to open my door to attempt to run since my leg felt better.

but the door wouldn't open.

I pulled the handle and hit it with all my strength but it would budge.

"Please! let me go!" I yelled.

Dallas ..... was that her name? she turned in her seat to look back at me. she gave me a sympathetic look before she spoke.

"Here's the deal. you can either walk in there without any problems orrrrrr I can go get a police officer and have him or her come out to get you but either way, you are going in there. whether you like it or not." she said.

I just began to cry and kick the back of her seat.

I know what you're thinking. I am so immature. I'm acting like a child but I honestly don't know how else to act in this situation. I mean, how would you act?

Dallas sighed. "I guess I'm going to get a police officer."

"No! i'll go." I said. I had a plan but I don't know if it'll work; I mean, Dallas looks pretty fit if you ask me and I don't work out nor do I eat plus I'm fat.

so I doubt it will work.

I looked at Miss Lovato for the last time I ever, I hoped. its not that I don't like her, I do, well I did. well, technically, I didn't when I first met her but then I did and now I don't in a way. I don't know; confusing.

Dallas opened my door and I stood calmly.

right when I had the chance, I ran.

I ran as fast as I could, not making the mistake of looking back, it would just slow me down.

I jumped over a median in the road, just missing a car.

I ran to the other side and looked back quickly.

Dallas was chasing me and she was fast!

and instead of getting slower, she got faster.

I kept running through a field and then a parking lot.

that was a mistake because a police car pulled into it and Dallas was still behind me.

I was stuck.

I just dropped to my knees and my whole body shook with horrible sobs.

I was stuck.

stupid! you cant even run away right! pathetic as usual.

the voices in my head began.

I couldn't hold it in.

I screamed.

"Shut up!" I screamed, smacking my fist hard against my head.

I felt myself being pulled up and...

into a hug?

I recognized the smell.

Miss Lovato.

I wanted to pull away but instead, I just started to cry into her shoulder, being that we were the same height.