Chapter 3

- Demi's POV -

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Hi, Miss Lovato?"

"Oh, hey, Principal Marks! did you need something cause I'm eating dinner?" I said, walking into a different room.

"Oh, um, I just wanted to get as much of this first day work done and I haven't got a TA for you. I didn't want to just put anything down because I don't know you that well. anyways, since you met your students today, I was wondering if there are any you would consider?" Principal Marks said.

"Yes, actually one, Lillian... Mathews."

"One second, let me check if she has lunch groups..... um, okay. so Lillian has a deal going with Miss Kale, the counselor, and so if she were your TA, you would have to measure what she eats."

"Why?"

"It's confidential, I'm sorry. but you have to report to Miss Kale how much she eats everyday."

"Alright. well I'm sort of eating dinner with my daughter right now so um, i'll se you tomorrow?"

"Yes." he hung up.

I sighed and sat down at the table. "Eat your dinner, Mackenzie."

"I'm not hungry anymore." she said.

I looked over at her plate and she hadn't eaten much.

"Eat four more bites." I said, trying to bargain.

"No, Momma, I'm full."

"Mackenzie, I am not going to argue with you, four more bites or you get no ice cream and an early bedtime." I said strictly.

"No!" she yelled.

"Stop yelling right now, Mackenzie!"

she kept yelling.

"Go sit in the corner." I demanded.

Mackenzie didn't move an inch.

I put up one finger in her face "One." she didn't even budge. I held up a second finger "Two" she shifted in her seat. "If I get to three Mackenzie Lovato, you are not going to  like me. Thr-"

she jumped out of her seat and went over to the corner.

"Good." I mumbled before finishing my food.

- Lillian's POV -

once I got home, I went straight to my room.

I pulled out my homework and rushed through it.

it was the first day, the least I could do was my homework.

as I finished up, I heard someone coming up the stairs.

my dad poked his head into the door. he didn't say anything to me, he just shut it again and left.

I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding and grabbed my phone out of my drawer and looked through some of my old pictures and shit.

trying to stay away from negativity.

I didn't leave my room, at all. the house was quiet.

I put some music in my ears and slipped into a light sleep.

"Lillian!" I heard my dad yell.

I jumped up and ran downstairs to him.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"Your dinner is ready."

"Um, I'm not really hungry, but thanks for the offer." I lied.

"Why aren't you hungry?"

"Well, I had a big lunch, Alex gave me her lunch." I lied, making up the name.

"You had two lunches?"

I nodded.

"Fat cow." he mumbled before I went back upstairs.

I got some pajamas together and took a shower.

afterwards, I looked at the clock and it was almost 9pm so I just went to sleep.

- Miss Lovato's POV -

I woke up to my alarm clock blaring. I shut it off and groaned into my pillow. '5am' I mumbled before getting up and taking a shower.

I got dressed in some tight black dress pants and a deep sea blue dress shirt that I tucked in.

I flat ironed my hair so it was stick straight and then began to do my makeup.

by the time I was finished, it was nearing 6am so I made some breakfast.

"Mackenzie!" I yelled upstairs because I could hear her tiny foot steps.

"Yeah, Momma?" she yelled back, coming down the stairs.

"Come here."

she waddled over to me and I sat her on the counter.

I gave her a big kiss and smiled at her.

she smiled at me and hugged me tightly.

"Baby, I do have to go to work today, but if you misbehave I'm going to spank you. you understand?"

she nodded and I lifted her off the counter and layed her down on the couch with a blanket and a pillow and put Aladdin on. she fell asleep quickly.

I got everything together and left once Dallas got there.

I drove towards the school, stopping for gas and starbucks.

I pulled into the parking lot out back of the school where kids were hanging out, probably planning to skip school.

a few freshman boys whistled at me as I walked past but I ignored them and continued to my classroom. I opened the door and sat at my desk, getting my plans ready.

I started to hum to myself as students started to flow in.

the first bell rang and a bunch of kids came in. after a minute or so, the late bell rang and Lillian was nowhere to be found.

I began the class and about 15 minutes in, Lillian tried to sneak in behind my back but I saw her, obviously.

"Glad for you to join us Miss Mathews." I said to her.

she looked around in embarrassment.

"Would you like to tell me why you're late?" I asked quietly, walking over towards her.

"I woke up late." she said, her voice raspy, as if she had been yelling or screaming at someone.

"You don't have to go into detail but did something happen yesterday? like, afterschool?" I asked her.

she nodded, looking me in the eyes for the first time. she had beautiful eyes. I knew she was lying.

"Are you sure?" I asked, stroking her soft hair.

she looked me in the eyes again and I saw tears forming.

a few tears fell down her cheeks and she wiped them away quickly.

"Why don't I just keep you here for the rest of the day? you can help me with papers and stuff like that. okay?" I rubbed her back.

she nodded and I smiled at her, she smiled  back.

************************************************************************************************************

YOU GUYSSSS LIKE ITTTTT??????????? WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD HAPPEN NEXT?????? I WILL NOT UPDATE UNTIL I HAVE AT LEAST 3 COMMENTS OR EVEN MESSAGES ABOUT WHETHER YOU GUYS WANT DRAMA OR NOT. IDK WHAT YOU GUYS LIKE UNTIL YOU TELL ME.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND DO NOT HAVE A WATTPAD THEN TWEET ME @CryingForDemi

~Alisa