Chapter 41

- Lillian's POV -

"I missed you daddy." I said as I squeezed him in a hug.

he kissed my forehead before speaking. "how you girls' first day at school?" he asked oblivious.

I giggled. "Great!" I said enthusiastically just because I knew Mackenzie was scared.

"it was great, Dad." she said, panic lacing her voice as she grabbed her stuff and went to bolt up the stairs but Dad stopped her.

"get back down here." he said strictly.

she sighed before coming back down the stairs and standing nervously in front of him.

she kept tugging at the hem of her shirt, not looking up for even a second.

"what happened?" he asked her.

"i-i got red card." she stuttered.

"and why is that?" he asked strictly.

"I..." she trailed off... probably deciding whether lying would be a good idea right now.

"you better tell him now before the teacher calls. then your sure to get a spanking." i butted in, trying to help her to decide that lying would be a horrible thing to do.

i saw her gulp and look at Dad.

"I got an attitude with this girl and then pushed her." she rushed out.

Dad looked furious!

"you know you were wrong, right?" he asked, obviously making sure she understood why she was about to get spanked.

she gulped again and nodded. "but she made me so mad!" Mackenzie screeched as Dad walked towards her and carried her upstairs.

no matter how much she may have deserved a spanking, hearing her cry would bring back memories of my dad so I immediately put my headphones in and turned on my music.

I waited about three songs to go up to my room to start on an essay about my summer.

I began to write but stopped when I couldn't stand to hear Mackenzie crying anymore.

her spanking was long over but I could still hear her sniffling being that out bathroom was connected to our rooms.

I walked through the bathroom to her room and sat down on the bed beside her.

I combed my fingers through her hair as she sucked her thumb.

she stopped sniffling and finally fell asleep.

I soon heard Mom walk into the house and i went to explain what had happened.

she sighed And reluctantly  began to cook dinner.

i helped her make tacos as we chatted about my essay and Jake and how well i was doing on school.

"Lillian... do you think Mackenzie got upset because me and Wilmer have been arguing?" she asked as a tear slid down her cheek.

"i don't know." I answered honestly.

we finished dinner and ate.

Mackenzie only ate a few bites before asking to be excused.

Mom let her go but Dad wasn't having any of it.

"no, sit down." he hissed as soon as she stood up.

"let her go, Wilmer." Mom argued back.

"no. she can't go running every time she is upset." he snapped back.

"here we go." I said a little louder than I should have.

"you stay out of this. it isn't  any of your business." Dad snapped at me.

I bit my lip hard to hold back the long string of curse words he had coming his way.

I glared at him but he was looking at Mom who was looking at me.

she gave me that 'please don't I'm begging you' look.

I sighed sat back in my chair to see if she would even defend me.

of course she didn't.

"i have an essay to finish." I said before getting up and washing my plate.

i made my way up stairs and took a shower before continuing my essay.

it didn't take me too long to write so I began to listen to music before calling Josie.

we had become very close lately.

I tell her everything.

she is the only person outside of my family that knows what happened to Mia.

her dying after getting hit by the drunk driver.

it was MY fault. she was trying to get my attention and I ignored her. its not like she could call my name.

I cried for so many hours... days even.

and I couldn't be bothered with my family because they were pushy about getting me to talk.

so when I needed to talk, I went to someone I knew wouldn't push me... and that happened to be Josie.

"hey bitch!" i said, that's how i always confronted her.

"sup?" she answered.

"just the usual shit. Mackenzie got in trouble on the first day of school causing Mom and Dad to argue causing me to get frustrated. then dad had the nerve to snap at me but i bit my tongue and you know what!? Mom didn't even defend me." I babbled.

"I'm sorry. do you wanna come over?" she asked me.

"yeah I'll be over." I said and then hung up.

I grabbed some clothes and out them on.

knowing she was probably going to a party, I grabbed some tight skinny jeans and a floral crop top that would show my stomach.

I grabbed my Jordan's and headed out my bedroom window, grabbing my phone and keys and a jacket.

I kept my window cracked just a smidge so I could get back in.

knowing that Mom would want to apologize to me tonight made this whole situation very risky but whatever....

i was about to high and wasted for the first time in over six months.

and it was going to feel great.

******************

okay so is everyone clear on what happened to. Mia?

okay good.

anywayssssss Lillian is about to break her clean streak...

what will Demi do? what about Wilmer?

do you think I should skip the party scene or no?

please tell me what you think.... I'm getting stuck...

~ Alisa