Chapter 39

a/n: you guys are about to be really pissed at this major time skip but I'm putting a new depth to this story so here we go.

* 3 years later *

- Lillian's POV -

I woke up to yelling as usual.

I slowly got up and didn't even bother to fix myself before walking downstairs and into the kitchen.

"can't you two shut up for a first?" I hissed as I grabbed an Ensure from the fridge.

my eating disorder is gone but I'm taking medication for my BPD and it makes me have a loss of appetite.

I looked over at the two adults that stood taken aback by my rude comment.

"excuse me?" mom snapped.

"all you guys ever do is argue now. whether it be over what Kenzie wears to school or what we're having for dinner. maybe you guys need a break. I'm not saying this to be selfish but I think it'd be best. it honestly hurts like a mother fucker to see you both in pain and arguing all the time. never mind the god awful example you're setting for your daughter. god only knows she must think this is normal now." I said.

they both stood in silence as mom studied me drinking my ensure.

"or maybe take another approach to it. go out. have a little fun.

just don't bring anything home that requires a name and date." I said in a joking manner.

but they both stood there frozen.

I sighed at them. "at least get it together before Mackenzie wakes up."

i then walked out of the kitchen and up to Mackenzie's room.

I silently slip inside and lay down next to her.

"Mackenzie..." I said, shaking her a little.

she groaned and grumbled.

"it's time to get up for school. don't wanna be late for your first day of second grade do you?" as I spoke, she hopped out of the bed and onto her feet.

she began to take her clothes off as I went into our shared bathroom and began her bath water.

we had moved a little while ago, to Texas to be closer to the family. I personally love it.

this house is bigger but still has a homey feel to it. my room is bigger and Mackenzie has a slightly smaller room.

but when she has nightmares, she can just run straight through the bathroom to my room.

it's a pretty big bathroom with a big shower and a jacuzzi-like bathtub. everything was white marble and used to have vases and shit but Mom took those out for Mackenzie so they wouldn't get broken. a two sided sink lined the wall which was also a mirror. two toilets, one normal and one with a kiddie booster seat on it.

I stood back for a minute as I watched her take a bath.

"wash your hair." i mumbled, still a little deep in thought.