~•PROLOGUE•~

Kadelyn Leanne Summers is my full and only name. A name scarred and tainted by my older, ridiculous, brother. Well... not my first and middle name, but the last name. Summers.

"Ah... another Summers. I have my eye on you. The other eye is on you, Miss. Hedgewood." Mr. Banks looked down his attendance list during the first day of second semester. We were halfway through the year, the time when students stopped caring and teacher's switched up their classes. "I've had a good year so far, and I'm not letting a Summers and a Hedgewood ruin it."

I looked at Vix and my face fell as soon as hers did. Our brothers were known for many things. Parties, and for being the reason most people showed up to school with a massive hang over were their golden achievements however. The teachers hated them and the kids praised them.

But they're gone now, and it's just us. And we don't host parties or get kids drunk, nope not us. We learned at a young age that making teachers mad is not the way to go.

"I'm nothing like my brother, Mr. Banks." Vix said, shaking her head. She was always the one to argue, the one to say her mind.

"Raise your hand, Miss. Hedgewood." Mr. Banks said, glaring at Vix.

He continued going down the list. "Heather Valley... you're in this class also?" He asked, regretting all his life choices at that moment.

Heather sighed. Vix and I didn't like her, but she's in the same position we're in. She was judged by her older siblings too. It seemed like everyone in this class is. Everyone in the school, probably. We lived in a small town. A tiny town. We go to an even smaller school. We all get judged by who our older siblings are, no matter how many times teachers say they won't be bias.

"Yes, sir." Heather replies.

He sighs with the rest of us.

The door opens and a tall, pretty girl enters in with a bruise forming on her jawline.

She comes in and greets us. I remember her being a senior last year.

"Ah. My teacher aid for the year, Everly Dawn. Everyone say hello to Miss. Dawn." He announces, smiling brightly. Everly got the good end of the stick with her siblings going to school before her. Because her siblings were smart, and hot, and all the teachers seemed to love them. Everly was pretty, yeah, and she was decently smart, but I'm pretty sure she didn't live up to the teacher's expectations. I'd rather take that than what I had though.

Everyone greeted Everly and some of her friends actually run up to hug her, she hugs them back and asks for them to go back and sit down. She goes to sit at an empty desk at the end of the front row as Mr. Banks continues role call.

At the end of it he looks at Everly. "What happened to your jaw, if you don't mind me by asking."

It looks like someone punched her.

"Oh, no, it's fine. My brother hit me in the face with the car door on accident this morning when we dropped him off for his first day of work. Don't worry, I slapped him back." She smiled at Mr. Banks, winking.

He nods back. "Sounds like Dallas." He said, chuckling to himself.

She shrugged. "What can I say?"

Like I said earlier. Everyone knows everyone, especially the teachers.

***