~•18•~

Travis and Madison ended up being really awesome. I mean, who didn't like people who went through the struggles they did and were still happy? They were amiable and admirable.

I laughed as Madison, who went by Maddi, widened her eyes and nodded. "Yeah! It was insane, my first shift was in a shabby Motel room in Portland Oregon. Both Travis and I really confused the cleaning lady the next day. Isn't that how we met umm... what's his name?"

Leif growled lowly and I slapped his side, shaking my head at him.

He gave me an odd look and rolled his eyes. "I am a male who freshly found his mate and newly changed into a werewolf. I should be showing her my bedroom and yet I'm here babysitting you so don't even get mad at me for growling." He laughed and then it wasn't funny any more.

Maddi smirked. "No, I'm not easy. Travis is, but I'm not." Leif looked like his favorite show had been canceled.

"Hey now, Sis, not in front of—"

"Oh thank God you're easy. I don't have to suffer like Leif and Arlis." Dalia smiled and leaned back as Travis smiled at her.

Travis shook his head and took out a phone, wrapping his arm around her and smiling, taking a picture.

"Did you just take a picture!?" She screeched and took his phone. She probably went to delete and then frowned. "I actually look good... never mind." She handed the phone back to Travis.

"Anyways," Maddi continued, yawning.

It was 9:30, I had spent the last eleven hours, fifth wheeling with Leif, Dalia, Maddi, and Travis. I've had no word from Arlis and it started to bother me, but as soon as my face dropped, Dalia assured me he was okay. Not that it bothered me any less, but I still felt a little better.

"After some Hunters caught word of a couple of werewolves living amongst the humans, they sent two Hunters after us." She sighed. "We're both 20 and had no idea what to do. We weren't used to anything, walking hurt, and I was shifting easy.

Well the two hunters saw this too, and sent us out to find Sovereign. Speed up a couple months and... here we are." Maddi was more shy than what I was used too. I wasn't very shy, Vix wasn't very shy, and nobody here seemed to be shy. But Maddi seemed... kind.

"Who were the two Hunters?" His voice startled me and caused me to spin around, looking up at him and his dirty white shirt.

Arlis seemed to almost... ignore... my presence as he strolled into the kitchen. I heard glasses clink and someone in the group gulped, but I couldn't tell who.

He walked back in and took a long drink of dark wine.

Travis tried to sit up a little taller, but it didn't matter. We were sitting on the ground, and Arlis was taller even if Travis was standing.

His eye twitched as he stood casually at the end of the living room, looking at us intently.

"Uhm... Oliver and.. Ambrosius, why?" Travis asked, his eyes not leaving Arlis as Arlis pondered around the room.

Arlis shrugged. "Mmm, just wondering." He licked his lips and finished his glass of wine. He sat down on the couch and popped his knuckles.

"Where were you?" I asked, not really meaning to ask in front of everyone but I was curious and much too anxious for an answer.

He looked up from the ground and sighed. "Taking care of some business."

I narrowed my eyes, trying to determine the meaning of business. "Shouldn't I know?" I asked. "I mean... I'm the Luna and every—"