~•50•~

KATE
I woke up to the sound of wailing outside. The stab wound in my side still wasn't healing correctly, was still the most painful thing I had ever endured.

I was coming in and out of reality. Arlis was gone. I was alone inside. Nobody else was with me.

I tried to sit up and yelled, my side burning. I pushed forward, landing on my stomach so I could crawl to the door.

I knew why I wasn't healing. Arlis was cursed, so I was cursed. He was cursed to watch his mate die, and right now he was living it.

I was going to die.

Unless.... unless they killed Konrad

EVERLY
"No!" Everly wailed, running so fast her feet slid in the snow and she tripped to land at Constance's side. Constance was still warm.

Tears were pouring down Dallas's face, freezing on their way to the ground. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." He was repeating it like a mantra, over and over.

His voice grew quieter and quieter, but Everly didn't think it was because he was talking lower. Everything around her was becoming silent.

Constance's body shuddered as life left her. Her mouth was gaped open, her palm on her throat. She picked up her bloody hand and put it in Everly's hair. She went limp, her red fingers trailing down Everly's face to eventually fall into the whiteness below them. There was no fear in her expression, no anger. Just... sadness.

An angry howl ripped through the air, firing up something in Everly's bones.

With a tight stomach, Everly looked death in his eyes and took the dagger from Constance's side, gripping it. Death was getting a lot more than Constance's soul tonight.

"I am God." Konrad rolled his shoulder back, popping his neck. "Bow down, before I make you."

"Don't listen to anything he says!"

Only three of them charged to him.

Becker, who was human, who's skin was freezing and eyelashes were stuck together from tears.

Arlis, who's Wolf was black and deranged, a Rogue. But oh that wolf knew what it wanted between his teeth. It was defiant, deadly. Arlis managed to somewhat make his Beast side listen to him.

And Everly. The girl who was never supposed to be there. She held her cousin's dagger, her blood on Everly's face, and her name on Everly's tongue.

When Konrad died, whoever it may be to kill him, he would see the same fire in their eyes the other 2 held.

Ralph stared at the dagger in his hands. Everly watched as Anaforo appeared and set a hand on his shoulder. Together, they focused on Becker.

Becker fell, dropping back.

It was Everly and Arlis now. Just them.

Arlis was faster, which was probably for the best. He attacked first, his yellow teeth snarling as he nipped the air in front of Konrad as Konrad pulled back.

Everly sliced with her dagger, sliding on her knees. She cut the back of Konrad's leg. She thought she had done something great, something to help, but no blood sprouted from his wound. He couldn't even be touched by this dagger.

"My turn." He growled. His mouth was shut as he put his hand up, facing his palm towards Everly.

The dirt opened up beneath her, trapping her. She tried to claw her way out of it but she just kept sinking.

It was up to her knees, and then her waist faster than she thought it could go.

"You can't fight magic, without magic." He laughed.