~•1•~

I wake up to the sound of beeping from a heart rate machine, the annoying beeping was ringing in my ears, causing a headache.

It took me a moment before I remembered what happened. Wolves. Men. Jacobi. Damon. My brother and Vix. The party.

I open my eyes and wait for the pain in my back to come but it never does, surprisingly.

I look to my left and see a blue curtain hanging from a white roof. I look to my right, amazed to see a head resting on my hip, and a hand resting over mine. I recognize the dark brown hair as the man who rescued me.

"What the hell?" I sit up, instinctively wincing but there's no pain.

The man shoots up and looks around the room. "What? Who's there!" He yells and then takes a calming breath and shakes his head. "Sorry, I must have fallen asleep."

I nod, angry but thankful. "Thanks for saving me and everything but why are you in here?" I snap.

The man smiles at me. "So you feel safe." He assures, a gesture he might have found sweet but I found creepy. Even though a small part of me, a part that I wouldn't admit out loud, I did feel safe. Weird. "I don't know you!" I yell.

A doctor comes into the room, and looks from the man to me. "Alpha, she's just a little shaken up. Can I take her temperature? Run some tests?" He asks.

Alpha frowns at me, and then at the man. "I want a female doctor." He said sternly.

Why was a doctor taking orders from him? Why was he even in my room?

"Yes, Alpha." The doctor walks out of the room and moments later a girl doctor walks in.

"Just lay back down, Sweetie, you've been through a lot." She says,her voice calming. "Alpha Arlis is just trying to help, he does that a lot around here."

Who says someone's full name when talking about them? Who's name is Alpha anyways? That sounds more like a nick name.

The doctor puts a thermometer sleeve over the thermometer and tells me to open my mouth. I do as I'm told to and she takes my temperature, my eyes never leaving the man's.

It's odd because I feel fine. Great even. Better than I have in all my 19 years of living.

The doctor pulls out the thermometer and smiles at me. "No fever. Let's check for a concussion."

I shake my head. "No need. I wasn't hit in the head." I say.

The doctor shrugs. "I still figure it best but if you're sure, I can't go against what you say. Can you stand?"

I shrug. "Probably not. My back was torn up pretty good and I was kicked in the ribs several times. I should be moaning and complaining right now but... I guess you have some good morphine."

The doctor chuckles. "Yeah. Morphine. You are a strong one."

I don't understand what she meant and just knocked it off as she misheard me.

I sit back up and slowly put my legs over the side of the bed. I wiggle my toes and place one foot on the cold white tile floor.

Then the other.

I stand completely straight up, feeling empowered. I feel like I grew back stronger. What's that Kelly Clarkson song?