~•3•~

"Okay just— please come." Cleo says into the phone.

Constance sighs on the other end. "Things are bad here too, Chleo. Probably worse then whatever you got going on over there."

Chleo called Constance on the only phone in the entire pack. The one in Arlis's office.

The whole place smelled like him. The intoxicating aroma of everything he is.

It was like strawberries and vanilla, alongside hazelnuts and cinnamon.

Arlis's gaze meets mine, and he smirks. "The longer we go without mating, the more we're going to feel the bond."

I shudder and face back to Chleo. "Great." I mutter, because I'm already really feeling it.

Chleo chuckles into the phone. "I highly doubt that, Connie."

"And when you're twenty I'll be irresistible." Arlis says, smiling at me and looking up.

Constance laughs a maniacal laugh. "Oh really?" She asks, doubt laced in her voice. "I'm in Columbia Falls right now with my dad dealing with a werewolf attack on humans, a missing girl, the death of Felix, and the kidnapping of my cousin Fiona. Not to mention, my other cousin, Everly, is missing after going on a Hunt. She's probably dead. How can your situa— DON'T YELL AT ME UNLESS YOU CAN BACK UP YOUR WORDS OLD MAN!" She yells, and I have a feeling it wasn't towards Chleo.

All the color drains from Chleo's face. "Your father is there?" He asks.

"I'm kind of busy right now— DID YOU JUST SLAM THE DOOR IN MY FACE! HELL NO— what is it you need?" She switches between two personalities it seems like.

Chleo scoffs. "Well that missing girl from the werewolf attack? I know where she is."

Constance sucks in a breath. "Where? We need to know."

Chleo clears his throat and tilts his head. "See uh— here's where this all boils down to where I'm in a worse situation... she's Arlis's mate."

She gasps on the other end of the phone. "No." She growls. "Stay there, steal her from Arlis. Meet me on the edge of the territory, and I'll—"

"I will make you wish you were dead if you touch her, Constance." Arlis growls out. "She's my mate."

I rest my hand on his shoulder, and I feel him relax a couple notches.

"Besides Constance, if we killed her it would kill Arlis. And then you'd have our entire pack hunting you down." Chleo says.

Arlis growls lowly at Chleo. "You are not the Alpha here, Chleo. Stop acting like you are. What happens is my decision not yours."

Chleo looks at Arlis, straight in the eyes challenging him. "Am I wrong!?"

Arlis pushes Chleo against the wall. "Chleo, you're shoving me in a corner and my wolf isn't liking it. You're talking about your Luna like you had the option to kill her. There is no besides or buts. There is only one reason you won't kill her, and that's because I said so. I'm older than you, stronger than you, and your Alpha. You will do what I say out of respect for your hierarchy and because I'm your friend."

Chleo nods slowly, looking at the floor. "Sorry, Alpha. Sorry... Luna."

I swelled with pride a little bit because of Arlis, but that didn't mean he wasn't in the wrong. Friends don't push each other against walls out of anger, they talk things out.