~•15•~

What was my current mood? Not knowing if I should A) Crawl at his feet and beg for forgiveness, B) Baby him and make sure he was okay, or C) Yell and scold and scream.

Me being who I was... I did a little bit of all three. In that order.

Arlis limped back into the guest room on one leg. His lip was busted and he had not only one but two black eyes. His right ear was ripped and swollen. His arm was bent weirdly, not as bad as Constance's but still pretty bad. He had bite marks littering his body like tattoos littered a biker's skin.

I did that. I caused that. "I am... so sorry." I ran to him and kissed the cheek that looked the least hurt. But let's face it, more things were broken besides just his nose.

He placed his hands on my cheeks, forcing me to look up at him. "I'm fine, Kate." He tried to assure, but he did not look fine, werewolf or not.

"You are not fine." I frowned at his face. I didn't know if he could see me his eyes were so swollen shut. "Just... go lay down and I'll make you an ice pack or something."

He winced as he placed a kiss on top of my head. "I'm fine! I don't even feel it. Plus, I heal fast. I'll be good in a couple days."

Well in that case. "YOU ALMOST KILLED CONSTANCE! AND YOU FOUGHT SEYMOUR!?"

He looked down and shuffled his feet, obviously regretting what he did. "I didn't fight Seymour...." I gave him a pointed look. "I took a beating delivered by Seymour. There was no fight. It was over before it began. My ass was grass the moment he stepped up. See nobody fights Seymour, you only lose against him. He's just too old."

"That's not the point, Arlis." I growled, humanly not in that wolfie way, and tilted my head. "You could have killed Constance." But I was more interested in hearing about Seymour's fights.

He shrugged. "We've had worse fights." He said innocently, looking at his feet like a child did when they were scolded.

I sighed and gave in, knowing that this discussion was going to go nowhere. I had to get used to the fact that this was just how they were. "I'm glad you're okay," I finally said. "But next time... let's not go all... wolf on me, okay?"

He smirked and I melted into a puddle the size of an ocean. I hated that he could do that to me even though when push came to shove I barely knew him. On the other hand, I loved the butterflies in my stomach, the roaring passion he instilled in my mind.

"So there's gunna be a next time?" He asked deviously, trying to stride to me. He ended up stepping on his broken ankle and falling the ground, groaning and rolling onto his side. A small part of me laughed, now he knew what it felt like to mess up when you were trying to be seductive.

On the other hand, he was seriously injured and it was scary. I slid up next to him, my heart rising and falling too fast. "Are you—"

"Stop asking if I'm okay! I'm fine woman." He said, giving time the man look. You know, the one that said "Please don't leave me" as well as "don't hurt my man-pride"?

I stood up and put my hands up defensively. "Okay okay, I'm sorry. And don't ever call me that again." It wasn't that bad, but I hated the objectifying tone.