~•42•~

SONG FOR CHAPTER- Darkside (Feat Kiiara) by Ty Dolla $ign & Future.

Also...... chapter is unedited. Sorry guys. I REALLLY hate editing. Although I'm sure when the books are done, I'm going to go through and edit them.

ARLIS
Sophia laid on the ground for a total of ten minutes before sitting up and shaking her head. She looked at her dad and then at her brother before shaking her head and standing up. "Dad?" She asked. "Why are you locked in a cell?" She put her hands on the metal and whispered some Latin. It didn't do anything. Nothing at all. She didn't remember. She took a couple steps back. "My- my... I can't do magic." She looked at her dad. "What happened. She looked down at her dress. "Why am I covered in blood?"

Colin coughed and glared at his father. "Dad can tell you." That was the first sentence Colin had spoken in a while. Arlis understood why. The Kid had just lost someone he thought he'd be with for forever.

Sophia cocked her head in confusion. "Dad?"

Clay closed his eyes. "You're a vampire now, Sophia." He admitted. "And-"

Sophia screamed. "NO!" She yelled. "NO NO NO!" She stomped her foot and looked up at her dad with anger. So much anger for a little girl. stomped both her feet, crying. "Why did you take my magic."

What a brat. Arlis thought to himself. Gracie would never act this way. Ever. When she was with Arlis she was very well behaved. Arlis never yelled at her, was never rough with her, he just simply taught and she listened. Just like when Gracie wanted to teach him something, he sat and listened patiently.

The door to the basement of cells opened and Konrad walked downstairs. Arlis sunk back into the shadows, making sad eye contact with Becker. They were all screwed. It was Clay's fault.

Konrad saw his granddaughter on the floor, covered in blood, crying. He followed the blood to Clay's cell, where blood covered his face. Faster than Arlis's eyes could comprehend, he watched Konrad walk into Clay's cell and grab his throat. "Say good bye, Colin."

"NO!" Colin shouted.

Konrad grabbed a dagger from his side, one that looked very familiar, and stabbed it into Clay's heart.

Clay looked down at the blade and then back at Konrad. Konrad was crying, surprisingly. Arlis didn't know there was a heart deep down in his chest. Konrad dropped Clay onto the ground. Clay pulled the dagger from his own heart and threw it at Konrad. Konrad, who was already walking to Sophia, didn't see Clay throw it.

The blade sank into Konrad's back. Konrad yelled and then ripped it out with a wet kind of sound. Three different types of blood had mixed on the concrete floor. He turn to Clay, who was somehow still breathing. Blood poured from his mouth, and Arlis had a feeling it wasn't anyone else's blood but Clay's.

"You shouldn't of done that, son." Konrad seethed.

"I'm not like you." Clay coughed out, his voice liquidated. "I'd do anything for my kids."

Colin had been yelling the whole time, but Arlis blocked his voice out. He was too focused on the scene folding out in front of him.

Sophia yelled and hit Konrad's back with tiny fists. Konrad turned back handed her. Sophia fell to the ground, unconscious. He continued his slow walk to Clay. "Good bye, Clay." Konrad took the dagger and stabbed it into Clay's head.

Clay fell to the side, dead immediately.

Colin screamed as Konrad laughed, his head leaned back like a classic villain. Becker was pressed against the bars, trying to reach out to Konrad. Of course, magic wouldn't work.