~•32 PART 1•~

I MADE AESTHETICS FOR MY LOVES (my characters). Here's Arlis

Melloni's house was warm and filled with glowing lights that heated up the atmosphere in bright smiles

Melloni's house was warm and filled with glowing lights that heated up the atmosphere in bright smiles. Behind us, the door opened up and Chance walked in.

"Seriously? I'm always getting left behind in this." He shook his head at us, secretly upset. He'd get over it.

Arlis smirked at me, power waving through the air and over me. For a moment I had forgotten where I was.

"Hey!" Jonah shouted, raising a mug up in the air. "Well if it isn't my favorite older brother! You look like shit."

Arlis looked around, made sure no one was watching him, and then flipped Jonah off. "I dealt with Konr—"

"No!" Someone slapped the top of Arlis's head and when I turned around, Iris was standing there, a rolled up magazine in her hand. I thought about the irony of how my mom used to punish our first dog. "Arlis we will not say the name, we will not mind-link the name, and we will not mention anything about any of the wars. Current one included." She growled lowly, glaring at Arlis. "And I will know if something is said." She pointed at him with a strict finger.

"Yes ma'am." He said and sunk his head low. "Will do."

"Lighten up Buttercup! It's Christmas!" Chleo said, grabbing Arlis's shoulders and shaking him.

He looked to Chance and then back to me. "Who's that?" He whispered.

Chance held his hand out. "Chance." He said. "Kate's older brother."

All the conversations in the room stopped as everyone's eyes focused on Chance.

"I thought your family died, Kate." Someone asked from the room. I couldn't figure out who though.

"They did." Arlis defended. "Her parents did. Her brother caught word of her being my mate and came over." Arlis said, lying far to easily to his own family and friends. "He's been look—"

"Arlis stop." I said.

He looked to me and frowned. "What? Do you not want to talk about it?" I was... upset that he lied so easily but also secretly impressed.

I didn't like lying no matter how useful it sometimes was. I cleared my throat, gaining everyone's attention. "I am not who I have been saying I am. I am a human, born and bred that way." My palms sweated as a few people gasped. Others took a step back. Other widened their eyes. Nobody wasn't shocked.

"That's impossible." Maddison, Leif's mate, came up to me. "You can't be a human and have a mate."

I shrugged. "Well... it happened. On January 1st when I turn 20, I'll be a full blood werewolf. Until then I'm a human. I hope you all can be acceptable of it."

Melloni sat a hand on my shoulder and nodded to me. "Luna Kate."

"By all means you're not a human." Leif chuckled. "I thought you guys already had this figured out but apparently not. You're an underage. You aren't anything right now, human included. Fate only puts two werewolves together. You will one day be a werewolf so... the moon knew what she was doing."