~•43•~

I had a lot of problems. My first problem was that I had no idea how to get to Alpha Rylee's pack. My second problem was that I wasn't even sure if Alpha Rylee would let me see Arlis.

I wasn't sure why Arlis was even over there in the first place. From what I understood, Arlis and Rylee weren't the bestest of friends.

Rylee had waged war against Arlis, had challenged him, had kidnapped Sam and... Chleo. I shut my eyes and shook my head. Konrad would pay for that. He'd pay.

I bit my lip and turned down the familiar path to home. Marching off into the snow wasn't going to get me anywhere closer to Arlis. I was already starting to feel dizzy, sick to my stomach. The cold weather and snow around me didn't make it easy to walk, and the setting sun didn't help me to see.

But none of those things could've distracted me from the familiar frozen pond just feet ahead of me. The pond I fell into the last time I had gone looking for Arlis.

I stopped. I had found Arlis last time, well we found each other, but I had definitely went in his direction. I had felt my way to him last time. Maybe I could do it again.

I closed my eyes, not noticing anything around me including the weather. I probably could have done this in the beginning but with everything on my mind, from Chleo to Konrad... the idea hadn't occurred.

I felt my heart tug, my stomach lurch as I turned. My gut was screaming at me, pulling my hand, to go left.

***

The Sun had completely disappeared. Gone. Its light had melted away behind the mountains, leaving behind speckles of stars amongst black. The moon was the Sun's hollow shell, a leftover from all the yellows and reds that had bled down the sky, stripping all color.

It sounded cliche, but I saw now why wolves looked up to the moon and not the sun. The sun was harsh, bright, a light that no man could look at. But the moon... in all her glory, she hung up there. I could stare at her for hours. I could watch all her children twinkle brightly up there next to her.

However, as pretty as the moon was, I was scared now. It was dark. I had been walking for probably an hour and a half and I hadn't gotten anywhere but deeper into the woods.

I huffed out a breath and continued forward. I didn't really have another direction to go at this point. To turn back would be stupid. But then again, I felt like going forward was also quite the dumb idea. The way my stomach churned wasn't helping my case either. My head said to go back immediately, but my heart was controlling my feet, and it wanted to do the exact opposite of what my brain said.

Chleo wouldn't turn back. He'd keep going. Look where that got him.

I narrowed my eyes at the hill in front of me, you had to be kidding me. "I'm going to scream!" I groaned and kicked the snow under my foot, my teeth grinding. This was the last straw.

I growled inhumanly and stomped up the hill, almost wishing I had sleeves to roll up or a punching bag to hit. At this point, I was going forward out of anger and a need to release pent up vexation.

I reached the top of the hill and fell to my knees. My legs were sore, my body was tired.

"Who the Hell are you?" I looked up when I heard someone's voice. It wasn't someone I recognized, not that that was a surprise. I didn't get out much.

He was short, with black as night curly hair that sprawled out in all directions. His eyes were the brightest shade of amber Mother Nature could imagine up. His skin was a deep tan color. He wore black robes and lots of different jewelry. In his hands, a small flame flickered, making his features sharper than they probably were. Becker did that same thing.