~•BONUS CHAPTER: NOODLES•~

unedited

GRACIE - 15 YEARS AFTER THE BATTLE WITH KONRAD
"I'd kill him." My dad muttered, taking a bite of the spaghetti I helped mom make. "You're too young, Gracie."

Mom kicked his leg under the dinner table, earning a stifled groan from my dad. We ended up having to take out the island in the kitchen and replace it with a larger dining table. Our family was too big to continue eating at a bar-like setting.

Tonight was a family dinner— one my mom demanded having every Friday no matter how old we got. She was a family person, and as much as we all groaned— we secretly loved Friday night dinners.

Lilly was 30 now, Zachariah Dawn sitting next to her. They had a bond none of us could ever deny. He was 27, a Hunter through and through. But... we all thought Konrad had gotten rid of the bite he endured fifteen years ago.

Apparently not.

And when we saw him shift for the first time, well everyone threw a huge fit. I thought the Dawns were going to lose their minds, especially Zach's sister, Everly.

But, everything happens for a reason. This reason, was because him and Lilly... well him and Lilly were meant for each other. Everly still demanded that he have Hunter blood in him, and so he did. Now, he was a hybrid. The first Werewolf-Hunter hybrid. The title wasn't as big or as grandeur as it sounded.

Zach's knuckles had scars on them from when he trained with a Hunter over in Uruguay. The South American hunter had him punching a lotus filled punching bag. He looked the exact opposite of Everly, with blonde curly-ish hair and sea blue eyes. He was tall and lengthy as well as muscled.

"Oh come on, Arlis. We all know I'll kill him first." Zach laughed, pointing his fork at my dad while Lilly watched his every move.

This table had to at least seat nine people. Jake, Lilly, and I who had found a home with Arlis and Kate. Arlis and Kate themselves. And, of course, their three kids— Rebeckah, Xavier, and Iris. Zachariah ended up having his own seat as well, he was here every Friday, no matter how hard my father tried to scare him away.

Hidden somewhere in the garage was another table for when my Uncle Jonah and other family members came for Dinner. This house was never quiet.

Lilly sat at the end of the table, Zach taking the seat to her right. Next to him was Jake, who was 19 and about to shift out of his skin. His canines came in yesterday.

"I'll kill you too, Zach." Dad shook his head as my mom glared at him. "What?" He laughed, looking at my mom. "I'm not scared too."

Lilly rolled her eyes as Zach gulped.

Lilly grew up to be an intimidating young woman. Her brown hair was cut into a bob that ended at her shoulders. She had sharp cheek bones and rocky road colored eyes. She was short, very short, at only 5 foot 3. And to Human standards that wasn't bad, but to werewolf standards? It was a lot. Especially considering Zach was 6 foot 1.

Next to Jake was my little sister, my dad and mom's first blood child Rebeckah. She was fourteen. "Dad," she groaned out. "Killing isn't always the solution." She looked a lot like my father, with dark brown hair and golden flecked brown eyes. She also acted like him. Sometimes, I think she was the most serious fourteen year old I had ever met.

"I have to. You know that's how this works, Beck." Dad laughed. He was sitting next to her, and he pushed her lightly with his shoulder. He looked like he did in the picture taped the fridge— one of my mom and dad laying in the pack house floor, laughing. I guess he never aged.