~•13•~

Arlis yanked the door open. One of the hinges broke off, causing the door to hang limply, but he didn't dwell on that.

Constance, Jonah, Dalia, and Seymour were the only people in the old cabin that Arlis walked us too. Well... the only people I saw at first.

Sitting in the corner, I saw a man with reddish hair and facial hair. He had grey blue eyes that glinted when certain light hit them. Something about him screamed Alpha, like Arlis.

So that was Alpha Rylee.

Next to him were the two people I never thought I'd have to see again, Damon and Jacobi, the men who attacked me at the party. They were both as vicious and cold-hearted as I remembered.

I took a step back, and Arlis took one forward, gripping the kitchen knife in his hand tightly.

"Ah ah ah, Arlis." Alpha Rylee pointed a finger up and shook it slowly. "Sampson and your Beta are still gone, aren't they? Only we know where they are." He was smug and every part of him screamed arrogance and pride.

Arlis growled and it seemed to rattle the run-down cabin with cobwebs in every nook and cranny.

Something about this place was creeping me out, whether it be the light that made more shadows than it did illuminate the room. Or if it was a the smell of copper that seemed to run through the walls like blood through veins.

"No way. That strong little shit is your mate?" Damon laughed arrogantly and I guess being amongst the werewolves rubbed off on me, but I knew that was the Beta. He gave off the same energy as Chleo.

Arlis threw the knife expertly, and it burried itself into Damon's shoulder. He ripped it out, groaning and cursing, and threw it on the ground limply, blood pouring through his grey shirt, but nobody helped him. "Calm down, Arlis, we're not here to—"

"Shut up, I want to talk." Arlis seethed, breathing deeply. "I will bury you in silver coffins if you don't tell me where my Beta and Sam are." The threat was quick, taking no thought or push to get it to spill from his lips.

Rylee shrugged, not even the little bit intimidated or rattled, even though I was scared and the threat wasn't even directed at me. "Eh, I'd rather not." He scrunched up his face.

"I only need one of you." Arlis bared his teeth.

Everyone was on edge, I could see the hunger in everyone's eyes for blood to spill, for a body to be sent back in boxes. They wanted a fight.

"We don't need any of them. I called Becker and he's on his way here now." Constance laughed and suddenly the gods were blessing us with the upper hand.

Rylee glared at her. "You don't know him. He'd strangle you and use your ribs as a light snack. You're nothing compared to him. He's a GOD among us. You can't lie to me." Oh if only he knew.

"I'm a Dawn, I don't lie." She replied and he seemed to think over his previous statement.

"You're not a Dawn anymore," He finally replied.  "Your father disowned you." He looked her up and down with a look of disgust. "Maybe I should call him now, and see if he knows where you are, yeah?" He teased and taunted her, hitting her where he knew she'd be hurt the most, her dignity and pride.

She took a step forward, but Seymour grabbed her arm. "If you want to keep your hand, dog, I suggest you remove it from my arm." She seethed, and Seymour took his hand away slowly. She didn't take any steps forward however, even though nobody could stop her if she wanted too.

"What are you doing here, Alpha Rylee." Arlis asked, hate replacing the normal honey in his tone.

Rylee licked his lips and looked at me sadly. "Clay Gold is up to something, and he wants me too—." Rylee said slowly.