~•2•~

"Here's the plan." Arlis says, pacing around the hospital room. "You're going to be introduced as a new member. If anyone asks where your family is or anything to the subject, say that you don't know much about werewolves because you're parents died when you were young. That's why you ask so many questions. You're my mate and we met while I was on a hunt."

Arlis takes in a deep breath. "So let's leave this shit hole because I really hate hospitals."

I nod and follow Arlis out of the hospital, realizing that I was pulled to him with every step we took.

We passed by a couple of nurses and doctors. They bowed their heads and let us pass with ease despite the crowded hallways. It was a small place with white walls and white shiny floors, lights shoved flickering.

After about thirty seconds of walking, Arlis grabs my hand and pulls me to his side. "Watch out. Stay close. I'll deal with this."

I cock my head. "What's up?" I whisper, my stomach doing flips.

Arlis shakes his head. "Everything is fine. Just— stay close."

He pins me up against his back and basically shields me from the view forward. He's a lot taller than me. "Please. Let me handle this." I barely heard what he said, I wasn't exactly able to focus completely on his words. Everywhere he touched me was like strips of heavenly electricity.

I nodded once, because words were starting to be lost in my throat.

We leave the corner and stand in the middle of the hallway. In a second, a beautiful blonde girl walks up to him.

"You god damn liar!" She screams in his face.

He doesn't retaliate.

But when she goes to slap him, he grabs her hand. "Calm down, Dalia." He says.

Dalia shakes her brilliant blonde hair. "Are you kidding me? Don't tell me to calm down! You were sleeping with some bitch weren't you! I saw you last night carrying some girl!"

Excuse me? I don't know if she's talking about me or someone else but either way I'm mad.

I move out from behind Arlis, standing in her face. "Who are you?" I ask angrily.

The girl stands taller than me by a few inches, but she acted like she was a mile higher. "The current Alpha adviser and you're the girl who slept with my brother!" She points to Arlis. "Wait till Jonah hears about this."

A couple people in the hospital look at us, fear in their eyes. But most look fearful for me.

"Dalia, meet..." Arlis looks at me. "I don't know your name." He frowns slightly, disappointed.

Dalia looks at me. "Wow. He cares so little about you, that he doesn't even know your name."

I stick out my hand. "My name is Kadelyn Summers, Arlis's mate. But you can call me Kate."

Dalia's mouth drops a couple inches. "Seriously?" She looks shocked, happy, and sorry all at once. Dalia pulls me into a huge hug and whispers in my ear. "I am so sorry. I thought he was screwing around with some girl and I was mad because that's sacred and meant just for the Luna."

I nod as she pulls away. "Thanks," I say. "It was a good gesture." I smile and decide I like this girl.

She's a little bi-polar, but she seemed nice.