~•11•~

"Who's Leviticus?" I asked again, holding Arlis's hand tightly as we weaved through the crowd.

Constance made a grunted noise of disgust. "A pig." She snarled, the left side of her mouth raising.

Arlis nodded in agreement. "Very true. But he's a smart pig."

She clicked her tongue four times in disapproval. "A pig none-the-less."

My mind pictured a pink man with a fat belly and a big nose, and when we saw Leviticus I could say I was completely wrong.

He wore a white suit that complemented his caramel skin. His eyes were a bright, almost glowing, yellow and hazel. He stood with the confidence of a lion and the humbleness of a rabbit. He had a black short beard that wound around his chin and faded into his hair.

"Make him cry, Constance." Arlis whispered to her and I almost smacked him.

"Why!?" I exclaimed, a little shaken up by his harsh words.

He gave me a look that said, "not now" and I respected it.

He pressed me up against his side and something washed over me like sunlight in winter, the feeling of being wanted. I closed my eyes to hang on to the feeling.

"You will need more than that to keep this beautiful specimen off of my love-list." Leviticus said once we reached him, his eyes raking over my body uncomfortably. "Mate energy. Disgusting."

Constance stood in front of both me and Arlis, and for once Arlis didn't argue with her.

"Like you?" She retorted.

"Ah, you have a little Dawn. Not a big Dawn, just a little Dawn." He leaned forward in her face. "I am not scared little one." He leaned back. "And if you came here to make me cry, it is not going to work. I have been gaining strength."

Constance rolled her eyes. "Please, if I want you to cry, you'll cry." She glanced back to me and Arlis and winked. "We wanted to know if you knew anything about the Hunter disappearances."

He widened his eyes. "Well then I am honored that you many people thought I knew such things. But alas... I do not." He was clearly lying through his teeth, trying to deceive us. He wasn't a very good liar.

Constance bit her lip. "Okay okay." She started to turn and walk away, but at the last moment, she flung her fist out and punched him in the nose, causing blue liquid to pour from his nose.

He bent down and I swear I heard him whimpering, but before I could get a good observation, she pulled the top of his suit and dragged him into the men's restroom, him kicking and screaming the entire way. People looked at us strangely but nobody made a move to stop us.

Maybe that's why every other species hated humans. I had with no doubt in my mind that if that was some other werewolf being dragged that Arlis would rush to help. Or if it was some Hunter, Constance would murder to save her people.

Arlis and I followed, no matter how awkward it felt to walk into a man's restroom, with all eyes on us.

Arlis locked the door behind him as Constance held Leviticus against the wall, and my heart plummeted a million miles below the center of the earth.

When Leviticus looked up he was laughing, actual laughter. His nose was... bleeding? It wasn't blood. Blood wasn't blue and it was a lot thinner than whatever that was. He must have been in pain, but he was laughing.

"I am not going to cry, bitch." He spat the blue goop in Constance's face.

Neither Arlis nor I had the strength, methods, or speed to stop what Constance did after that.