~•24•~

SO I FOUND THE PERFECT SONG FOR KATE & ARLIS. FIRE AND THE FLOOD BY VANCE JOY. it's so good oml. I love it. Anyways, enjoy the chapter.

BECKER
Becker was tired. He wanted to shut his eyes and wake up when his life was better. He scoffed, the sound echoing through the dark room.

"My life? Be better?" He thought out loud.

But his friends were happy, and that's what mattered to him. Arlis finally had a mate, and Constance was... well she seemed happier than normal even if she wouldn't admit it.

Becker closed his eyes and leaned against the brick wall, sighing loudly. His body hummed with power, his chest thumping loudly.

He was in some sort of old dungeon cell type thing. Three mossy brick walls covered the sides and the small window let it little to no light. The concrete floors were slick with water that leaked from the roof. In the cell there was nothing, no bed, no toilet, just emptiness. And then there were the bars. The bars that made Becker feel like an animal at a show.

Down the hall he heard people talking, people who he hated so much, he wanted to destroy them until hell seemed like heaven to them.

A man with slick back red hair walked to the cell and unlocked the cage, his tall body filling the doorway. A man who he once called dad. A man who once held him on his shoulder and laughed as they ran through the yard.

Becker remember the simpler times. Times when people didn't fear him. The good times when he was small and innocent. Not this... monster...

Becker took a deep breath. "Why are you doing this?" He asked defeatedly. "You know Arlis, the Dawns, shoot even the Golds, are going to rip you to shreds."

Konrad smiled, his teeth shining and white. Konrad always was perfect. "With you by my side? They wouldn't make it two steps." Becker hated the cocky attitude, the feeling of complete control that Konrad had.

Becker was happy, however, that he was here first of all his friends. He couldn't imagine Arlis being alone in this hell hole. Arlis was his best friend, a werewolf who had saved his ass more than Becker liked to admit. And he couldn't imagine Constance sleeping on a wet and moldy floor without fighting a fight she would lose. He felt in a way, as if he was taking their spot here. And if they did somehow get taken like he did, at least he knew he'd be here for them.

Becker shot his head up in realization. "I won't fight by your side."

He knew the man in front of him was just an image. A vision, not even the real man.

Becker didn't understand how he even broke the chains that bound him to hell. He didn't understand how he could be here, how he started coming back. But... he did have some theories that sounded too insane to even introduce to sane people. "In fact... tell me... who's the other Salem Of The Old Witch that you have?" He went with his first theory, that another Salem Of The Old Witch was out there, somewhere in the world.

Konrad widened his eyes in fear. "How do you know about that!?" He spat.

Becker smirked, but he knew it didn't look threatening. He tried everything he could to look non-threatening. "I didn't until now." While many knew Becker had some seriously powerful magic, Becker knew that his greatest strength was in fact the point that he wasn't a complete idiot.

He had had a hunch that there was another Salem Of The Old Witch. He could feel his own powers being pulled to someone, tested. Plus nobody other than a Salem Of The Old Witch could possibly break the chains that Becker placed on Konrad so he'd stay in hell.