~•46•~

YOU JUST MIGHT— just maybe — MIGHT WANT TO SKIP THE BEGINNING OF THIS CHAPTER IF YOU'RE A SOFT SOUL. It's very uh— brutal. Love you guys ❤️

Song for chapter: The Other Side by Ruelle

KATE
Pain was inevitable, I knew that. But I didn't think it would hurt this much. I screamed, not knowing if I wanted my body to be curled up or stretched out.

I looked down at my feet, watching the skin tear away and a bone grow out of it. I vomited on the floor beneath me.

My screaming only grew. I half-expected Electra to come running down the hallway, but she stayed true to her command.

I put my hand out, scratching the concrete beneath me, scraping my nails off one by one.

I bit down on my arm, whining as I drew blood.

"Kate, Kate please stop." Arlis whispered.

I shot my head up. His jaw was grinding. The front half of his body had returned to the normalish human Arlis, while the back was still wolf.

He grabbed my hand with his left hand, and hit the floor beneath him with his right. We screamed in sync.

I shut my eyes, the pain coursing through every nerve in my body intolerable.

"Don't you... close... your eyes." Arlis managed out. I missed his voice, God I missed him.

I opened my eyes again, looking down at my body. I was like a zombie dog. I was a sack of skin, ripped up and bloody, barely resembling anything real.

My screams turned to growls, making my throat burn and my head ache.

My face felt like it was on fire, and I watched as something grew in front of me.

Then there was a moment of bliss, just one second. My whole body relaxed. I looked down at my hairless, bloody, self.

And then I began howling again. I felt like I was getting a thousand shots, all over my body. Every part of my skin was being punctured. It burned and stung and yet I had to keep going.

I wanted to bathe in ice, and yet at the same time I wanted to curl up next to a heater.

I tried to look but a hand was on my face— no— my muzzle. "Don't look."

I trusted him. I trusted him more than I trusted myself.

*** HERE IS ABOUT THE PART I'D PICK BACK UP IF YOU WERE WORRIED ABOUT THE TMI PART ***

It must have been 2 hours of pain when I finally fully shifted. I didn't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't what I got (in a good way).

I felt in tune with my wolf. She felt like another part of me, not like we weren't connected, but like we were two people on the same level. She was submissive to me but she sure as hell had a strong head and would tell me what she thought.

She didn't have words, I just knew.

Like I knew no matter what happened, I'd always have her.

I took a deep breath and stood up on all fours. The biggest difference was my senses.

My eyes could see every individual crack in the walls, even in the dark. I could smell everything stronger, which at the moment was a terrible thing because the strongest smell was Maddie and Travis. I could hear Maddie's breathing, even with the distance. Even taste... the taste of dirt and dust.