~•32 PART 2•~

HERE'S KATE'S AESTHETIC

I was not a fan of the drive, but I was a fan of getting to know Arlis through the drive. I loved how open and kind he was, how he was himself.

"So you're a..."

"Capricorn." I said. Surprisingly. "Most don't take me as one. I don't see the big thing about astrology. It's all fake."

Arlis turned and looked at me with an embarrassed look. "Okay then, and the stars are fake. Uh, no. Astrology is real."

I rolled my eyes, smiling though. "What are you then?"

He smirked. "Aquarius, Libra ascendant with a Leo moon. But... my Venus is a Capricorn." He laughed as I dropped my mouth.

"How do you even have that memorized!?" I asked as he took out the keys to the car.

He took a deep breath. "Because... it was needed if you wanted this witch to tell your future."

We should have gotten out of the car but I was intrigued. "To... tell your Future?" I questioned.

He rolled his shoulders back, nervous. "Yeah. I wanted to know if I uh... if I had a mate."

I smiled. "I thought everyone had one."

He frowned. "I wanted to know if I had a mate to see whether or not I died, Kate. To see if I made it this far without..."

"Being killed?" I slouched, feeling sad that he didn't know whether or not he'd live or die. But at the same time... everyone had that fear. If we make it to tomorrow. If we see the next sunrise.

He side looked at me and then pulled the keys out. "Yeah. That's what I meant." The conversation needed to go on but he got out of the car, shutting the door.

By the time I had done the same he was already knocking on the door, a fake smile plastered on his face.

My mom answered, unsurprisingly, and smiled when she saw us. "Ah! My darling daughter and her new knight. Come in, come in. I baked cookies!" She laughed and dragged me inside the house.

We stumbled in, the house undecorated and bland. I had never seen it like this before on Christmas.

"I'm assuming you decorated, Arlis." She laughed, so.... perfect. So... fake. She was acting weird. In fact she had been acting weird since I went missing. She's so okay with Arlis. And I just don't think she should be. I mean if I was in her shoes I wouldn't trust Arlis. A strangely attractive man takes my daughter for a month and only just comes back and the  daughter is living with him. Because that doesn't sound sketchy.

Arlis smirked fakely right back at her. "Of course!"

No he didn't.

"Oh goody! Lots of decorations?" She asked shimmying. "We always go BIG on Christmas."

He nodded. "Oh yeah. Lots and lots."

That little pathological liar. LIAR. How was he so good at lying? Also what was he going to do when we got back to his house and there were no decorations? Pretend we got robbed? With his lying techniques, he could probably pull that off.

"Your father will be down in a second, honey, he's just cleaning up the shotgun." My mom smiled at me as Arlis gulped. "And for the meantime, do you two want some cookies?"

We nodded. "Yes ma'am, that sounds great." Arlis said, smiling at her.

My mom squealed and jumped up and down in one spot. "You can just call me Linda." She gave him a big hug and then strutted off to the kitchen.