~•30•~

I POSTED 1837!!! ITS A PREQUEL to THATH and The Wolf And The Natural! It's about Constance, Becker, and Alpa Arlis defeating Konrad the first time and their story of how they met and things. I think it'll be shorter than this book and The Wolf And The Natural, but it should still be lengthy. Hope you all have a good day! Here's the next chapter. It's very very long. But oh well.

"What is that?" I stared at the Orange tinted paper on the kitchen counter, confused beyond my wildest dreams. And my dreams were sometimes really confusing.

He gave me a confused look, practically mocking me. "Paper? Have you never seen a piece of paper?"

I waved my hands around. "I mean I have! But how is a piece of paper going to get us Becker back?"

He took a deep breath. "It's special paper."

"You're special paper. Stop being vague." I pointed a finger at him, chuckling.

He rolled his eyes. "It's special because Beckerann made it."

I shot up one eyebrow. "Beckerann?"

He shot the paper a devious look. "Becker's full name. He hates it but... it reminds me of better times. This paper, is not normal. You can write on it, and the person who made it sees the text floating in the air."

"A magical walkie talkie." I said.

He shook his head. "No. He can't write back to us. And only he can see it."

"A magical baby monitor." I smirked at his distressed face. "I'm kidding! Okay so it's cool. We could just call him, ya know."

I knew I was annoying but I didn't think I was that annoying. "No! Because then Konrad can hear it. He can listen anywhere." He yelled.

I cocked my head to the side. "Can't he hear us now then?"

Arlis was done with my not-knowing-anything. He sighed and rubbed his face up and down. "Our minds are safe. Too powerful."

"If you're so powerful then kill Konrad right—"

"POINT IS!" Arlis clapped his hands together, ending our bickering. "This will send a message to Becker only he can see. We can't erase though."

"With all his magic, you'd think we'd be able to erase—"

"Kate. This is stored magic." He explained and I still had no clue what he was talking about. He might as well have been speaking a foreign language.

I pursed my lips. "Explain further."

He pulled his hair but gently explained to me. "He stored some of his magic in here. We can't erase because that's takes more magic. Too much of his magic in an object could become dangerous."

I opened my mouth in understanding. "Oooh. So it's like a bank."

He nodded, gesturing to me. "Yes! You got it. If a billion dollars is in one vault... that could be dangerous." I understood now. Finally.

He took a deep breath. "I can handle this. Don't do anything."

I took a step back from him and the magic paper. I didn't want to risk messing it up with my presence. However, I still looked over his shoulder to see what he was writing.

Becker it's Arlis, I know you know Kate's a human and I know that I messed up by not trying to make you stay. I'm a terrible friend, I can't believe I almost let myself rest this all on you. I'm so sorry, Becker. I can defeat him though. I can kill him on my own. For you, Beck. I can free you. I'm gunna change who I was. Kate was holding me back. But I won't let her stop me anymore. I'm gunna kill him. I'm taking him down. Tonight.