~•17•~

Ahskkajs I KNOW IT SWITCHES POV's too many times in one chapter, but I don't EVER change POV's without reason so.... there's a reason!! Also— this is kind of a short chapter (double annoying) but we'll live. 😂. Thanks for reading 💚

Dalia
Dalia thought she was going to murder her brother and Seymour, but after she murdered her wolf for shifting before she could tell everyone that Leif... that Leif wasn't her mate.

She didn't know who was. But she smelled him. He was so close. She jumped over Leif, the guy who she thought was her mate, and sprinted into the woods. He was like cinnamon and apples, that's what he smelled like. Her favorite smell and her favorite food.

Everyone was probably confused. She herself was confused. But she knew he was close. She could feel it.

She continued sprinting, pushing harder and harder until she stopped. A brown wolf was staring her down, licking his muzzle. He was completely brown, everything except his chest, which was the color of Dalia's hair.

She shifted back into a human the moment he did and the smile that overtook her face was equivalent to a thousand laughs.

He was tall, almost as tall as Arlis. Only a couple inches shorter.

He had short brown hair with errant curls that she had a feeling would never stay down, and green eyes that made her stomach do flips. He had a body that made her ogle him with no shame.

In her eyes, he was perfect in every way possible, no flaw. Not even the blonde piece of hair on the left side of his head, a hair birthmark, she realized.

Arlis and Seymour burst next to them. Dalia shifted back and turned to face her brother and Seymour, growling at them.

Someone came to stand next to her, and she brushed his side with hers.

Dalia. Is that—

Her brother popped inside her head, and her wolf nodded slowly, licking her mates ear. He brushed up against her.

Shift and we'll bring you some clothes. Arlis ordered her. He didn't sound happy.

A jet black wolf sprinted to them, one ear white. The scent was familiar, a scent she used to bask in. Leif.

Her mate turned and got low, growling at Leif.

Leif completely ignored him as he stared off into the woods, alert and his ears poked up.

Finally, a little pure white wolf came shyly into the clearing, one ear a jet black color.

If Dalia was a human at the moment, she would have chuckled. What were the odds?

Dalia shifted into a human, watching her mate as he did the same. She could stare at him all day.

Arlis came by and dropped some clothes on the ground a little too angrily. Who shoved a stick up his ass?

He looked her mate up and down, snarled, and snapped at him, a small brotherly warning.

He looked back to Dalia, who was hiding a smile, and gave her warning eyes.

"You have the most beautiful smile I've ever seen." Oh and his voice. It was the sound you hear after finding a river, or the shushing of ocean currents. It was the twitter of a birds song.