1.11 - Trip to Miami

*Alison's POV*

I groaned as sunshine shone brightly on my face making it warm. I pulled the covers over my head and turned my back towards the direction from where the sun was trying to wake me up from my deep slumber.

I was about to sleep when an annoying sound made me jump. Thank God the person who invented alarm clock is dead otherwise I would have killed him myself. Now my sleep was broken it will be difficult to go back to sleep so I didn't bother to try. I got up groggily and rubbed the sleep off of my eyes. I touched my feet on the ground and lift my butt off the bed. I stretched my sore limbs, my shirt lifting a bit showing my long legs on full display. Yesterday night I was too lazy to wear a pant so I just slept with my oversized tee on that ended just below my butt.

I went to the bathroom and did my routine. I changed into some shorts and tanktop and skipped downstairs for breakfast. Ian sat on the head of the table cutting apple I sat next to him wishing a 'good morning' He just nodded as his mouth was full.

"So had fun last night?" I asked playfully, buy from inside my heart was hurting like always. He just smiled and popped another piece of apple in his mouth.

"What did you do last night after dinner?" Marie asked as she placed my breakfast in front of me. My mouth watered as I saw the sizziling bacon and eggs eagerly waiting for me to just gobble them down.

"Me? I just slept with Paul Wesley" I said casually and put a piece of bacon in my mouth. Beside me Ian choked on his apple, coughing violently. Quickly Marie and I went by his side, me giving him water and Marie patting his back.

"Are you ok?" I asked in concern as his coughing fit slowed down.

"What the hell?" He boomed, his voice still raspy with his eyes almost turning black.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"What did you say you did last night?" He asked through clenched teeth. I frowned but answered nevertheless "I said I slept wi- " I cut myself off as I realised how that actually came out making me burst out in laughter. I laughed so hard that tears pooled in my eyes blurring my vision. I held on the table with my hands so that I won't fall off the chair. After few moments I slowed down, my stomach slightly paining.

Ian looked at me with an angry and confused scowl.

"Okay that came out wrong. Yesterday night I had a marathon of The Vampire Diaries and Paul Wesley features in it and I slept while watching it" I explained. His features slowly relaxing but continued to glare at me for almost killing him with an apple, if that make any sense.

"Don't ever do that again" he said with serious face. I just nodded with still a smile on my face. Suddenly Marie came bursting in the dining room and threw the newspaper in front of Ian, literally.

"What the hell?" Ian questioned.

"Read it" Marie said through clenched teeth and stormed out huffing. I looked at the direction she went storming with confusion. Ian dusted his hands and took the newspaper. His eyes scanning over the front page. I watched as his expression changed from confusion to anger and then settled on neutral. He stood up pushing the chair a little too hard.

"I'll be in my room" he said with a clenched jaw and walked out of the room without waiting for my reply. I kept my fork and knife with a clank and pulled the newspaper towards me but what I read made me breathe heavily as I tried to control my emotions.

Ashley Brown to Ashley Cullen

Ian Cullen, CEO of Cullen Inc was spotted with his wife last night at the Lights 25th anniversary gala. The previous eligible bachelor broke many girls heart last year on 28th Octorber by marrying one of the Brown sisters, daughters of Nick Brown who is the CEO of Brown's chain of hotels.