1.24 - Sapphire Kingsley

Black

Black.

It's the colour of darkness, alone, lost. This colour is my only companion now as I lay on a bed, unconscious. I can hear soft beeping sound by my side but what stood out the most was the throbbing pain in my whole body.

My head, it hurts like never before. There's a light weight on my arm along with my leg and my head. The only thing that's free is my waist. It pains, it burns, it itches. I wanted to shout, scream but I couldn't. Afraid that something might happen if I don't wake up I started focusing on my fingers and attempted to move them. Finally being successful I took a break. That took a lot of energy then I expected.

After a short break I put all my remaining energy on peeling my eyes open. I groaned lightly when an intensified pain shot through my skull making me involuntarily shut my eyes again.

When the pain ceased to bearable I opened my eyes once again. The beeping now seemed a little louder and faster right beside my ear. The room in which I was in was dark with a small yellow light beside me and few white lights outside the glass window. I seem to be alone in the room.

Great I woke up and I'm alone here.

My throat felt like a dessert that has been dry for ages. I need water. I roamed my eyes around the room and found the source of beeping were some monitors placed neatly with wires attached to my body.

I'm in a hospital? But why?

I searched my brain to know the possible reason I was here but no, instead I got a throbbing pain in my skull but this time it didn't stop. Black dots filled my vision and I closed my eyes, giving in the darkness, again.

~~~~

Whispers were heard when I came back in the living. I shook my head to the side and groaned softly, opening my eyes slowly. This time the room was covered in light. The walls were painted in beige. It was a fairly big room for a hospital room. A TV was hung from the wall in front of me. I looked down and saw I was dressed in a white maxidress with small blue..... flowers. A brown blanket was drapped around me. That's when I noticed two figures standing by my side.

Both were males. One was dressed as a doctor and the other wore a black T-shirt that hugged his body well and black jeans. He was all muscular and that only added to his beauty. He had dark brown short hair and chocolatey brown eyes. His russet skin shone lightly as the sun kissed him. They were engrossed in looking in some file and talking. To grab their attention I coughed, that only made my throat itch.

They both snapped their head at my direction with surprised and relief look.

"Oh! Your awake. I was beginning to get worried" the doctor exclaimed. The russet skinned boy walked towards the table beside me and filled a glass of water. Walking near me he bought the rim of the glass near my lips. In the beginning I swallowed slowly but when the water drizzled down my throat giving me a pleasure I gulped it down hurriedly.