1.15 - Aiden Clarke

I followed him out where dad was furiously talking to our care taker - Mr.Gupta. He was a old man in his mid-fifties with white hair and beard. I walked towards my dad and gently held his arm making him stop mid-shouting.

"What happened dad?" I asked. He turned towards me and searched me up and down with his eyes for any possible injuries. When he was satisfied I have non he looked at me and then remembered what I asked him.

"I told Gupta the day before to fix the loose rope holding the chandelier before it falls on someone's head and see, that's exactly what happened" he glared at Mr.Gupta who looked down in shame.

"Dad it's okay. See I'm safe and so is Ian" I assured him and motioned Mr.Gupta to leave before he faces my dad's wrath.

"But what if?" He stopped as he didn't dare say something further.

"From when did you start saying 'what if'?" I joked trying to ease his mood. He looked at me and chuckled.

"Let's get going" I said and was about to open the car door when Charlotte called my name from behind. Charlotte is our house maid who does all the chores in this house.

"Yes?" I asked walking closer to her. She was fidgeting with her fingers and her grey eyes looked everywhere but mine. She was dressed in a simple summer dress and a apron around her waist with her light brown hair tied up in a bun. I think she is in her mid-twenties.

"Charlotte?" I called her snapping her from her inner debate. "Ma'am -" I cut her off by raising my hand.

"You can call me Alison" I smiled at her which she returned.

"Alison, I don't know if it means anything or not but I thought you must know this" she stumbled on her words a little.

"I should know what?" I asked. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes then answered in a low voice.

"I over heard Emily talking to someone the other night, something about a chandelier and falling" she said slowly leaving me in shock.

Emily? How can that be possible?

No, she can't do that. I shook my head and looked at Charlotte. "I mean isn't it weird?" She asked.

"Charlotte, I appreciate you letting me know this but Emily can't do such thing. May be it's just a coincidence and besides, dad said that the rope was already loose. So it just fell on its own" I assured her and patted her back before sliding inside my car.

Emily can't do that she is my best friend.

That was the last time I ever thought about it.

~~~~~~

It's been a month since our trip to Miami and that accident. We all moved on though. Drake and Emily's relation were still having their 'it's complicated' phase but Ian and Ashley's relation couldn't be said the same.

They spend many days together and had gone now to 5 dates. Every night I spent my night watching Netflix and eating buckets of chocolate ice-cream.

Dad and Will are busy in England as they are building their first hotel. First one as partners. While Jake has found someone on a social networking site. Though he never met him but is too excited to do so.

As for me, I'm just passing my days doing work and watching Netflix.

"Alison breakfast's getting cold" Marie's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I took a last look at myself in the mirror and dashed downstairs to calm the monster in my stomach.