2.17 - New Home

Playlist :

     I wanna know - Joe

Ian

     "Sir!" Blake nodded his head at me to which I nodded back at him. "Where is he?" I asked and folded the sleeves of my shirt. He's gonna pay hell for taking away Alison's house from her. "Here!" Blake said and opened the huge metal doors. I smirked seeing him sitting in the middle of the huge room with a busted lip and a huge red bump on his forehead. His bald head was shining under the light and he looked around with sweat dripping down his face.

I walked towards him and sat on the wooden chair in front of him. His brown eyes looked at my face with a confused frown but the fear in his eyes made me smile. That's right bastard, feel the fear.

"Why am I here?" He asked in his gruff voice and looked around again. Guards dressed in black trousers and black t-shirts were standing at every corner of the room with their muscular arms crossed across their chest. "I don't know, you tell me. Why are you here?" I asked and leaned back. My eyes still on him. He doesn't look like an evil person who can throw a single mother along with her kids out on the road. Then again, looks can be deceiving.

"I.. I don't know." He stuttered. "What did you do John in the past few weeks that is utterly and completely wrong? Come on! Think." I leaned forward and rested my elbows on my knees and tilted my head. "No? Well let me help you. Did you or did you not throw a single mother out of her house along with her kids without giving her a notice which should be given prior 60 days and also when you said her to leave in two days, did you just tell her verbally or gave her a notice? Atleast that's what the law says" I asked, my anger increasing by every word leaving my mouth. He visibly paled and gulped.

"I thought so. I can hand you over to the police and let them take care of you but if you were still in your house, eating a what? Pizza?" I asked looking at Blake who nodded in agreement. "Eating a pizza, that means she tried seeking help from the police but failed. I know for a fact someone is behind this and I want to know who." I grabbed his collar and pulled his face closer. "So you better start talking before I use my way and let me tell you, it won't be a pretty sight." I shoved him back with force "atleast not for you." I added and leaned back on my chair.

"So..?" I trailed off and raised a brow. His eyes darted everywhere and he started fidgeting with his fingers. I waited for a minute, two minutes, five minutes and I lost my patience. I stood up and turned towards the door. "His face shouldn't be recognisable." I said over my shoulder. The guards moved a foot and I smirked when I heard him yell "Wait! I'll talk." I turned around and looked at me "Good because I'm running out of patience." I said.

"It was a lady. She came to me and told me to throw Sapphire out. She told me if I'll do it she'll pay for my daughter's treatment and I couldn't say no to that." He said and a tear rolled down his eye. "When did she come?" I asked. "A day before I went to Sapphire's house with the couple. She told me to throw her out the same day but Sapphire is a very kind woman so I gave her two days because of that the woman turned out of the deal" he said, by now he was a crying mess. I sighed heavily and removed my phone.

"Is this the lady?" I asked him and showed Ashley's photo. He wiped his eyes and looked at the phone screen for few moments before looking at me and shaking his head. "The lady's face was covered." He said. "Do you know anything that can help us find her?" I asked desperately. He just shook his head in reply. I cussed under my breath and stood up to walk away. Blake followed me behind and we stopped near my car.

"Aid him and drop him off." I said and opened the car door. "Find his daughter and pay for her treatment. Hire a best doctor for her." I added. Once Blake nodded I sat in my car and drove off. Before I wouldn't have understood his pain but now I can. Afterall I'm a father too.