1.14 - The Accident

The sound of my heels and the men's boots echoed throughout the house as we walked in after the meeting with Mr.Hopkins and finally merging the Cullen Inc and Brown's chain of hotels. Now whenever we sign any deal regarding our hotels there will be the need of two signatures, one my dad and second my husband - period.

"I'll go pack my things" Ian said and went upstairs.

"Me too" I said ans walked towards my room. After having a quick shower I changed from my formals into something casual. Looking at the hot sun blazing out in the sky I decided to wear shorts and a tank top. This is the condition now I don't want to even think about the condition in May.

Maybe we all be roaming with our bikinis.

I shook that thought and started packing my stuff. After about 30 minutes I re-checked everything that is packed and once satisfied I zipped my bag closed. I straightened up and heaved a tired sigh.

A knock on my door sounded in my room moments later. "Come in" I answered. The door opened and in walked my dad dressed in a simple blue shirt and short pants. I smiled at him as a greeting. He looked around my now empty room and mumbled a "done packing".

I replied with a 'yes'.

"I wanted to talk to you since I left your house the other day" dad said and minimized the distance between us to two steps.

"Yes?" I questioned. My heart starting beating faster as fear overtook me. I thought dad bought that lie I sold. I should have known it was useless to lie to him.

"Ali, Who am I to you?" He asked breaking my train of thoughts.

"What?" I asked confused by his question.

"Who am I to you?" He repeated with patience which is rarely seen in a successful businessman like him.

"My dad" I answered the fact.

"Then why did you think that you can lie to me?"

I opened my mouth to reply but words failed me. I looked down in shame. Dad pushed my chin upwards and my brown eyes met his. That moment I was striped out of my façade of being strong and happy. In front of my dad now stood a vulnerable little girl who is sacrificing her love for her love. The girl who is all alone in her fight. If that even is it.

My dad frowned sadly and pulled me into his loving and protective arms. His shirt filling my fists as I took his comfort in. Dad's arm surrounded me as a sheild from all the evil and sadness from the world. That's the time I wished I never grew up. I wished I was just that small little girl who played around the garden catching buttetflies and believed in monsters and fairies.

I was suprised after all this emotional ride no tears escaped my eyes.

Dad pulled us away but kept in hands on my shoulders and looked into my vulnerable eyes.

"How did I failed you princess?" Dad asked.

"You didn't failed me dad. You gave me everything. You are the best dad any daughter could ask for" I said and cupped his cheeks.

"The moment I held you in my arms I promised to myself and you that I will never let anything harm you. I will never let sadness and loneliness fill your beautiful eyes but today I failed princess" he said and that's the time I saw my strong father, who has always been the pillar in my life at his most vulnerable point. Suddenly his silver beard started to poke in my hand. Was it from the start or is it just now?

Dad shave every alternative day so it was a bit surprise for me when I saw his slight beard and the dark bags under his eyes.

What kind of a daughter am I? How couldn't I didn't notice this before? I was so caught up in my own pains that I never saw the pain in my dad's eyes until now.