2.8 - Visit to the Doctor

"Bye kids!" I waved at them as they ran towards the school gates. They stopped for a moment and waved back at me, then turned around and resumed running. After they were safely inside Caleb started the car again and drove towards the cafe. "You know that you don't have to do this everyday. I can buy my own car" I said while looking out of the window. I was well aware of his eyes that rested on me as we stopped at a signal.

"So that I can risk losing you? No, thanks" he replied after the signal turned green and we started to move again. I turned around and looked at him this time. "For God's sake Caleb, that was six years ago and now I am fit and fine to drive my own car. You can't keep me safe always, you know" I added the last part looking out of the window.

"I can and I will" He answered firmly. The rest of the ride was silent. When he reached the cafe, I got out of the car and without saying anything, I walked inside the cafe.

He really can't expect me to not drive for the rest of my life, can he? I can't stay in the fear of the accident I don't even remember about. I sighed heavily and kept my bag behind the counter and sat there. I was not really in the mood of making invention right now so I just sat there with a coffee mug and watched the hustle bustle in my cafe.

"Saph!" a baby voice called out my name. I looked at the source of the voice and smiled as Nathan came inside the cafe, running with his two small feet. "Hey!" I grinned and picked him up as soon as he reached near me. He kissed my cheek and wished me good morning and I did the same. "You came here alone?" I asked. "No! I am with him" answered a voice from behind me. I turned around and looked at the blue orbs that looked so familiar everytime I see them but I can't remember where I've seen them before.

"Ian! Good morning" I smiled at him.

"Good morning!" He answered and moved to slide inside a booth. "How come you are here?" I asked.

"I was in the school around the corner for Nathan's admission and then he said he wanted to meet you and eat the chocolate brownies" He said looking at Nathan who was beaming at the mention of chocolate brownies. "I'll be right back" I smiled at him and got up from my seat to walk in the kitchen at the back and get some brownies for Nathan.

I walked back to the booth and gave Nathan the plate. He clapped his hands in glee and started eating the brownie. I watched him with a smile. I turned to look at Ian to say that Raine and Ryker were also in the same school but words froze on my tongue as I saw him sitting there in his suit with his arm balled on top of the other and resting them on his nose while his elbow were on the table. He stared at me with his blue eyes with such intensity that it literally caged my brown eyes. My cheeks started heating up, no matter how much I tried I couldn't look away and I was shocked when I realized, I didn't want to.

Our staring moment was interrupted by Judy coming upto us and coughing to get our attention

Our staring moment was interrupted by Judy coming upto us and coughing to get our attention. When Ian looked away from me towards Judy, I was finally able to look at her. "Yes?" I asked.