2.2 - His Proposal

I shifted uncomfortably on the couch where I crashed last night. My neck protested my movement making me groan in pain. I slowly got up from the couch and did a little neck rotation only to hiss in pain.

"I'm never sleeping on the couch, ever again" I mumbled and got up from the couch and walked towards my room. It was still dark outside so I switched on the lights in my room. The blue walls came into life and I chuckled as I saw Caleb lying half on the bed and half out of the bed. I shook my head at him and helped him fully on the bed and covered him with the sheets. Walking in the bathroom I brushed my teeth and had a relaxing shower and changed into a blue sundress.

Caleb was still asleep and so were the kids. So I decided to make them breakfast first and than wake them all up. I walked in the kitchen pulling my hair in a bun and started with scrambled eggs and fresh orange juice with toast. I made some pancakes for the kids and heated their milk.

I wiped my hand on the apron after putting the last pancake on the plate and was about to walk away to wake them up when Caleb came out of my room with just a towel hanging dangerously low around his waist. I looked away immediately before he caught me staring at his oh-so-yum-yum abs.

"Yo- your clothes are on the couch" I said and turned my back on him. "I asked David to drop them" I added. David was Caleb's driver. I heard some shuffling from behind and then fading footsteps. Assuming it's safe I turned around only to cover my face with my hands and a shriek escaping my lips. Caleb laughed his deep throaty laugh and wished me "Good morning" and again I heard footsteps fading away. I peeked through my fingers and sighed when he was not in sight.

I chuckled under my breath and removed my apron. Keeping it on the counter I set the table for breakfast and opened the door of my kids room. They were still sleeping soundly on their beds. I walked up to Ryker.

"Good morning munchkin. It's time to wake up" I whispered in his ear and kissed his cheek. He turned around and wrapped his arms around my neck. "No" he whined making me chuckle. "I've made chocochip pancakes" I whispered back, that made him open his eyes widely. "Pancakes" he yelled, kissed my cheek and ran in the bathroom.

I went to Raine's bed and saw her shutting her eyes tightly. Drama queen. "Raine, wakey wakey baby" I singsonged and blowed air in her ear. She shivered with a giggle. "I don't want to" She whined and pulled the covers over her head. "Fine, I'll give all the pancakes to Ry" I said like it was a no big deal. Not even a second later the bed was empty and her tiny feet hit rapidly on the tiled floor as she ran in the bathroom to get done with her morning routine.

I offered to give them a bath but they shrugged it off and Raine ran in my room to have a shower alone. They think they are all grown up and can have their shower alone. I was a little reluctant at first but Caleb assured me to let loose and accept the fact that my babies are growing up.

I was feeling proud that they are growing up and sad because they were growing up. A feeling only a mother would understand.

I shook my head and went in the kitchen to find Caleb reading newspaper, fully dressed might I add. "Good morning" I greeted and sat beside him eating my breakfast. "Morning. Thanks for letting me stay" he said with a genuine smile and kept the newspaper aside. "You are most of the time here, why don't you bring some of your clothes and keep them in my closet? Poor David has to run 6 in morning just for your clothes" I voiced my thoughts and took a sip of my coffee.

Caleb was frowning and I know I had a point. The kids came out from their rooms all ready to go to school and stood in front of their chairs waiting for us to pick them up and make them sit. Same routine continued. Me feeding Ryker and Caleb feeding Raine. Then Caleb and I dropped the kids to school and we were off as they disappeared from our sights.