Bonus Chapter - 1

Alison

The fabric felt soft under my touch when I brushed my hand over it while admiring it in the mirror. "Mom!" Raine called out while entering the room with a pair of golden earrings. "Wear these, you'll look pretty." She said handing me the earrings with a smile on her face. I took them from her and wore them while looking at myself in the mirror. Raine kept her hand over my shoulders and grinned at my reflection. "He'll fall in love with you when he sees you." She said making me roll my eyes. "I doubt. His love gave me four annoying kids." I joked.

I thought it will offend her but her grin just widened. "You still love us." She said and kissed my cheek. "Come on now. He's waiting for you." She said standing up straight and hooked my arm with hers. "I look pretty right?" I asked nervously. I've been married to that man for years now and I still get nervous whenever I dress up to go somewhere with him.

"Well duh mom, you are wearing my dress," Raine said proudly making me roll my eyes again. I always loved her designs but now when I am wearing them I have no doubt about why she was gaining so much success in the fashion world so fast.

Our heels clicked against the tiled floor as my daughter walked me out of the room and down the stairs where my husband was having a conversation with our sons. "Dad!" Nate nudged him making him turn his head and look at my way. He watched me with a tender smile as I walked down the stairs and took my hand from Raine. "17 years of marriage and you still make my heart flutter." He said leaning in to kiss me but the kids coughed dramatically making him kiss me on the forehead.

"Let's go," Ian said and took my hand. "Oh come on parents, you two are not going on a date. We are just going to Sienna's birthday party." Ryker said. Ian glared at him to which he just shrugged in response. "Where is Nick?" I asked noticing the absence of my 17-year-old son. "He's in senior year Ma, do you really expect him to come to family parties?" Nathan asked. "Yes I do, go find him," I said. Nathan and Ryker sighed before walking away. "Let's wait in the car," Raine said while tucking on Ian's tie who kissed her forehead and nodded before taking my hand in one and Raine's hand in other before walking out of the house.

Raine got in but Ian and I stayed outside waiting for Nick. He has been acting strange lately and I was getting worried about him. "He's fine," Ian assured me noticing my expression and rubbed my arm. I looked at him and nodded slightly with a smile on my face.

"Where is he?" I asked when I noticed Nate and Ryker walking back without Nick. "He's not going to come." They replied in unison and rolled each other's eyes for doing so. "You all move ahead, I'll come with him," I said. "Go!" I added when they were about to protest and walked back inside. The click of my heels was the only sound echoing in the entire mansion while I walked towards Nick's room. His door was ajar so I gently pushed it open and entered his room which was drowning in darkness.

"Nick?" I called out but got no response. I walked towards his bed where I could see his stilletoe and sat beside it. "Nick?" I called again touching his shoulder. He turned around and wrapped his arms around my waist before burying his face in my tummy. "Want to talk about it?" I asked brushing my fingers through his dark hair. He just shook his head in response.

"Just stay!" He mumbled. "I'm not going anywhere, baby," I said and started humming the tune my dad use to him when I felt low. "She hates me, mom." He said after a while. "She hates me so much." He added with a crack in his voice.

"Did you do something?" I asked. He nodded in reply. "What did you do?" I asked, my fingers still brushing his hair. Nick didn't speak for a few minutes but soon he pulled himself away and sat up in front of me with his legs crossed under him. The room was dark but I could still see his face from the light that came through the hallway.