Chapter 2: I Do

Shawn's P.O.V:
"Here Nash. Can you keep this in your pocket?" I stick out my hand holding my phone.

"Sure." He takes it and slides it into his pocket. I turn around and look back into the mirror. My tux fit perfectly and my hair was parted, going to the left. I had very little makeup on, just enough to make me look good. I hear a knock on the dressing room door.

"Come in!" I yell. Sierra walks in.

"Guys, we're starting in 5 minutes." she says smiling. Her smile is stretched all the way across her face. After she comes into the room Gina follows.

"Shawn. You look so handsome." Gina says, straightening my tux at the top.

"Thank you Gina." I say smiling.

"Just think, in a few minutes you'll officially be my son in law."

"And I can't wait." I say.

"You ready Shawn? They're starting." Gina says. She smiles and walks out along with Sierra. Cameron is being walked down the isle by his mother. Nash is walking me down. He's been my best friend for a while and I thinks it's cool he wants to hand me off to Cameron. Nash and Aaron are our best men. All of the guys from MAGCON are here. I look over at Nash.

"Shawn you excited?"

"I've never been more happy in my life." I say. I just can't wipe the smile from my face. I hear the wedding music start to play.

"It's time Shawn." The wedding planner is standing by the door. We're waiting for her to tell us when to walk out. She waves us on and I link my arm into Nash's. We walk out. The whole church looks incredible. I hadn't got a good look at the whole set up when I first got here. Flowers are displayed all over the place. Our wedding theme is more traditional, mostly white and lighter colors. Down the side of the church pews are white cloths, following an intricate pattern all the way to the alter. I look up after taking in how beautiful the church was set up. I see Cameron standing on the right side of the preacher. His hair is slicked back, and he's wearing a black and white tuxedo. He looks me in the eyes, smiling. In this moment everything else in this church disappears. All I see is Cameron. He looks so handsome in his suit. Sexy as hell. He's wearing black dress shoes, and his pants fit his body perfectly. I realize how close I am to him now. Five feet away. Nash grabs my hand and puts it Cameron's.

"Take good care of him man." Nash says laughing.

"I will." Cameron holds my hand and moves us back over to the preacher. We're holding each other's hands. I look into his eyes. He can't stop looking away from me and I can't stop looking away from him. The preacher clears his throat.

"You may all be seated." he says. All of our guests sit. I see all of our friends and random family members from both of our family. I feel a strange feeling in my heart when I finally realize my parents aren't here. My very own parents. I'm not gonna think about it. They're not going to ruin this day for me. The preacher begins:

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Cameron and Shawn in marriage. In the time they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as partners. They have invited you all here to witness and celebrate the beginning of their life together. Today, as we create this marriage, we also create a new bond and new sense of family - one that will undoubtedly include all who are present here today."

Now he begins to talk more to Cameron and I. "True marriage is more than joining the bonds of marriage of two persons; it is the union of two hearts. It lives on the love you give each other and never grows old, but thrives on the joy of each new day. Marriage is love. May you always be able to talk things over, to confide in each other, to laugh with each other, to enjoy life together, and to share moments of quiet and peace, when the day is done. May you be blessed with a lifetime of happiness and a home of warmth and understanding. True marriage begins well before the wedding day, and the efforts of marriage continue well beyond the ceremony's end. A brief moment in time and the stroke of the pen are all that is required to create the legal bond of marriage, but it takes a lifetime of love, commitment, and compromise to make marriage durable and everlasting. Today you declare your commitment to each other before family and friends. Your yesterdays were the path to this moment, and your journey to a future of togetherness becomes a little clearer with each new day. Love should have no other desire but to fulfill itself. But if your love and needs must have desires, let these be your desires: To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To know the pain of too much tenderness. To be wounded by your own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving; To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy; To return home at eventide with gratitude; Then to sleep with a vision of the beloved in your heart and a song of love on your lips.

"Cameron and Shawn, remember to treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Take responsibility for making the other feel safe, and give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at some time or another, remember to focus on what is right between you, not just the part that seems wrong. In this way, you can survive the times when clouds drift across the face of the sun in your lives, remembering that, just because you may lose sight of it for a moment, does not mean the sun has gone away. And, if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight. May you always need one another, not to fill an emptiness, but to help each other know your fullness. May you want one another, but not out of lack. May you embrace one another, but not encircle one another. May you succeed in all important ways with each other, and not fail in the little graces. May you have happiness, and may you find it in making one another happy. May you have love, and may you find it in loving one another. Do you have your vows?" Cameron nods his head and so do I. "Cameron you can go first." Cameron doesn't pull out a piece of paper. He memorized his vows just like me. That's so sweet.

"Shawn, since the first day I met you I knew that you were different. I felt an instant spark between us and at first I was scared. I couldn't confess my love because I was scared of what people would think. You're the one that showed me that my love was not wrong and that it wasn't something to be ashamed of. You showed me how to love, and I can't wait to spend everyday thanking you for it." I feel my face blushing. A tear rolls down my face. He raises his hand up and wipes the tear away with his thumb. I laugh.

"And now you Shawn."

"Cameron my entire life I've felt like something was missing. Just always in the back of my mind I felt like I had lost something. Until the moment I met you. I realized it wasn't that I had lost something, it was that I had never found it. You were what was missing from my life and when I met you I knew I had to make you mine. We've know each other for about 7 or 8 years now. I've never felt more love for someone, then I feel for you." I saw a tear roll down his face: I raise my hand up and wipe it away with my thumb. He laughs.

"Very good." The preacher says. "Now, do you Cameron Alexander Dallas take Shawn Peter Raul Mendes to be your lawfully wedded husband, promising to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, through joy and sorrow, in sickness and in health, in whatever challenges you both may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Cameron says, his smile growing even bigger.

"Do you Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, take Cameron Alexander Dallas to be your lawfully wedded husband, promising to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, through joy and sorrow, in sickness and in health, in whatever challenges you both may face, for as longs as you both shall live?"

"I do." I say smiling.

"May we have the rings please." Nash hands the ring box to me. Aaron hands the other ring box to Cameron. He grabs my hand smiling and slides my wedding ring on. It looks so beautiful. I hold his hand and slide his onto his finger. We're both laughing. I feel so flirty.

"And now, by the power vested in me by the State of California, I hereby pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss the groom." The preacher says to us chuckling. Cameron walks towards me, holding my face with his hands. Our lips connect, moving in sync together. They tasted like the new chap stick I bought him last week. I hear clapping coming from the pews. People are standing up now.

"Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you for the first time Mr. and Mr., I'm sorry, uh what's the last name we're going by?" he asks nervously. He's clearly not experienced with gay couples.

"Don't worry about it." Cameron says laughing.

"I present to you for the first time Cameron and Shawn." Everyone's clapping and slightly laughing at the preachers attempt. Everything was beautiful, and we were now officially married.