Chapter 27: Missing You

Cameron's P.O.V.
"I don't know Cameron, I would be a little concerned if I were you; it sounds like he sure has been spending a lot of time with her." Ash says to me. It's 12:33am and we're eating tacos at my apartment. He's spending the night here.

"Ash, I'm telling you Shawn would never cheat on me."

"Look Cameron. I'm not saying he would cheat on you. I'm just saying that they seem to be really close, and everyday they spend together the closer they're gonna get."

"I think you're paranoid." I say, taking a bite of my taco.

"I'm just trying to look out for my friend." he says taking a bite of his taco.

"Well look at it like this Ash: you and me hang out all the time and you're spending the night here tonight. Does that mean I'm cheating on Shawn?"

"Dude that's not the same. You and me aren't like Shawn and Nevada. We didn't 'hit it off'."

"And besides Ash, Shawn is gay! He doesn't like girls." I say laughing.

"All I know is that something just doesn't feel right about this Nevada girl. And it might not even be that Shawn likes girls or doesn't love you, but what happens when you spend every single day being with someone? Feelings are going to develop between them. I mean how many days have you guys been apart now?"

"45 Days." I say.

"See, that's a long time."

"I think that I'm done talking about this." I say, not rudely, just matter-o-factly.

"I'm gonna go get ready for bed."

"I'm gonna call Shawn." I go to my contacts and click on his name. His name in my phone is
"Baby Boy👅💦"
It rings for a few seconds.

"Hello?" he says tiredly. He sounds like a small child who just woke up.

"Hi baby. What are you doing?"

"I was sleeping." he says tiredly.

"Oh. I thought it was 1:30 in the afternoon in London?"

"It probably is." he says. "I'm back in the states now babe." he says laughing sadly.

"You're in Oregon right now?"

"Yes babe. I thought we talked about that."

"I'm sorry Shawn. I must have forgot. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's okkkk. I got to hear your voice, so it was worth it." I can tell he's smiling into the phone.

"You know we're almost half way done with being away from each other."

"How many days has it been?"

"45."

"Baaaaabe." he sounds like he started crying.

"Are you crying Shawn."

"No." he says, clearly crying. I hear him blow his nose.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask.

"Nothing."

"Tell me. I wanna help." I hate hearing Shawn cry; especially when I can't be there to comfort him. "I'm FaceTiming you." I click the FaceTime button. It rings for a few seconds and then it connects. I'm greeted by a crying Shawn. "Baby tell me what is wrong."