Chapter 56: Miracle or Mutation

Ok readers. Sorry for the ending of the last chapter lol. I wanted your heart racing, curiosity bubbling, and mind wandering just a little bit. This chapter is going to contain quite a bit of medical terminology. I've tried my very best to explain everything in layman's terms. If you wish to Google the terms or phenomenon that occurred be my guest. I would like you to know that Googling it will only confuse you more and that I've spent many weeks studying up on this specific subject, and even talked to two separate actual real life doctors about it. I've done my research and what's about to happen is totally possible. It's extremely rare, but 100% possible. All the facts given and the information provided is 100% factual.  Without any more interruptions, the next chapter:

Cameron's P.O.V.
I pull Walter closer to my chest as the doctor's words leave his mouth. I immediately feel Shawn step up next to me, his arm moving in front of my arm that's holding Walter. "What do you mean doctor?" Shawn says. Dr. Michaels flips through the pages in the file that's resting on his clip board.

"I think we're going to need to run more test." Dr. Michaels says.

"What do you mean run more test?" I question, my heart starting to beat faster. I look back down at Walter. What could possibly be wrong with such a perfect creation?

"I mean the DNA test. There must be some kind of mistake here."

"Dr. Michaels what is going on?" my mom questions seriously.

"I've only seen this once, maybe twice before." the doctor says aloud. He says the statement more to himself. "We discussed it very briefly in med school."

"What's going on?!" Shawn almost yells.

"I'm not meaning to scare you guys." he says. "It's just these test results can't be right."

"Who do they say the father is?" my mom asks.

"No mom I don't wanna know." I say out loud. They are not going to go against my wishes.

"You don't understand Mr. Mendes-Dallas." Dr. Michaels says.

"What do you mean I don't understand? I need you to respect my wishes as to not wanting to know who the paternal father is."

"These aren't normal test results sir." he says out loud.

"What's wrong with them?" Shawn asks.

"Wait a minute!" Dr. Michaels says out loud. "I didn't see it in the file but was Sierra originally pregnant with twins?" he asks.

"Yes." I say out loud. "I don't see why there originally being two children matters?" I ask.

"That explains everything." Dr. Michaels says.

"Explains what?" I ask.

"Are any of you familiar with the term Chimera?" Dr. Michaels asks quickly.

"No." Shawn says. He looks at me and I shake my head. My mom and Sierra both have the same confused looks. None of us have ever heard of the term.

"Well a chimera is a person. A chimera starts off as two fraternal twins in the uterus. Very early in development the two embryos fuse together to form one single embryo. So your typical chimera has two sets of DNA. One from one twin and the other from another. This can be expressed in the paternity test as if you were to mix two siblings DNA together. Another term called superfecundation refers to two separate ova being fertilized by two different fathers." I look over at Shawn. I'm so confused.

"Can you explain that one more time?" Shawn asks, also confused.

"Ok so basically you had two fraternal twins inside of Sierra's womb."