Chapter 6: The Messages

Shawn's P.O.V:
I look down at my phone. Cameron and I had been here for three nights already. It was our fourth day and we were eating lunch at a small restaurant on the resort. It was the first day that we'd left our lodge if you know what I mean ;) Cameron had just walked to the bathroom and I was sitting alone. I click on the messages from a few days ago between me and my manager. Her name was Tara. The messages read:

Shawn: Tara! We need to talk! I miss touring so much😭

Tara: Exactly what I was thinking about Shawn! I'm so excited. However we need to discuss your contract. It's going to expire soon and I think Island Records may have a few problems.

Shawn: Oh dear! Problems?!

Tara: I think they have a problem with you being in MAGCON.

Shawn: Really. What's the problem!?

Tara: They're worried you're more concerned with touring with them then working on your music.

Shawn: No Tara no!😢 I love my music. But I love MAGCON too. I need to talk to you in person.

Tara: Well our meeting with your record label is in a few weeks. We need to meet before then. Decide on a game plan.

Shawn: Well my wedding's in a few days, and I'm going on a two week honeymoon after that.

Tara: Well I know about your wedding dummy, you invited me! And the meeting with Island Records is in 3 weeks. We need to meet up as soon as you get back.

Shawn: Will do! I'll talk to you at my wedding! Nice talking to you again Tara!

Tara: You too Shawn! See you in a few days. And also everything I told you is confidential. You can't talk about these things with anyone else. Especially the other members of MAGCON.

Shawn: What about my fiancé?

Tara: Not even him. Especially not him actually, he's a CEO of the company.

Shawn: Are you sure Tara?

Tara: Yes Shawn, serious😐

Shawn: Fine. I won't talk to him about it. I gtg. See you at my wedding Tara.

Tara: See yah Shawn!

I look up and see Cameron walking back to the table. I click my phone off setting it down. I'm not trying to keep secrets from Cameron I'm just tying to listen to my manager. I really wanna tell him my plans, I just have to wait till I figure everything out with Tara. I don't want this whole thing to ruin our honeymoon. "What's wrong?" Cameron asks.

"What do you mean?" I say nervously. I feel my heart start to beat faster.

"I don't know, you just have that look on your face."

"What look?" I say laughing. I think it's kinda cute he can read my face and emotions so easily.

"No you have your worried face on. What's worrying you babe?" He makes a cute puppy dog face and holds my hands. "I'm your husband now. You can trust me with anything. Come on, I wanna help you." He is literally the cutest. I'm so freaking lucky to have him.

"Cameron it's nothing. I'm serious!" He tilts his head and squints his eyes looking at me, a look of disbelief displayed on his face. "I'm serious babe."

"Fine. I'll leave it alone for now, but seriously you shouldn't be afraid to talk to me. I'll always be here for you." He gets up moving his chair over right next to me. He leans in to my ear. "You can trust me with anything." He kisses my neck. I laugh and smile.

"Babe, we're in public." I say trying to stop it, a part of me wanting to give in.

"No one's around us." he says. I look around and see no one sitting near us. "You're just so kissable babe." I smile again. It feels so good having him kiss my neck.